What's new

A Novel Use for Speick Shaving Cream

I am writing this note from Managua, Nicaragua. I arrived several days ago to do the tourist thing in advance of the main event, a wedding tonight. While I am normally a soap guy, I always travel with Speick shaving cream. Just easier to travel with a quality cream and synthetic brush. When I travel I also bring with me my preferred shampoo. My sensitive scalp hates hotel shampoo. Stupidly, I forgot my shampoo at home and after 2 uses of the hotel stuff, my scalp was one gigantic itch. Out of desperation I decided to use the Speick shaving cream as a shampoo. Why not, I figured? After all, a good shaving cream is a moisturizing soap. It shouldn't be that different from a shampoo. I am happy to report that a little dab of Speick makes a great shampoo lather and after 2 uses my scalp is no longer on fire. Speick makes for a fine shampoo. My plan is to experiment with it a little more even after returning home. My guess is that even though Speick is an inexpensive shaving cream, it will probably make for a very expensive shampoo. In any case, when traveling I may lighten the load and use Speick for my face and scalp.

Anyone else use their shaving cream as a shampoo?

Top Bottom