What's new

Favorite gin?

My newest hierarchy:

Monkey 47
Hendricks
Plymouth
New Amsterdam
Broker's

You all have to stop telling me names of guns I haven't tried. It's getting way to expensive to try new gin. Someone should start a pass around box. Lol. I've got a few ice tried and don't like at all.

Going through a lot of tonics and tonic alternatives for the old G&T. Pretty much concluding that Jack Rudy (Small Batch Tonic and Jack Rudy Elderflower Tonic) and John's Premium Tonic are the best. Mix with your favorite spritzy water like Topo Chico or San Peligrino or basic club soda and you have something far superior to any purchased tonic water. $IMG_3241.jpg

I just love regular tonic water. The quinine does it for me. I drink it straight sometimes.

I tried TomR's and very much disliked it. That's not what I want my Gin & Tonics to taste like. I don't care about all the spices, I just want the taste of the gin & the lime.

You all have to stop telling me names of guns I haven't tried. It's getting way to expensive to try new gin. Someone should start a pass around box. Lol. I've got a few ice tried and don't like at all.

Come to Kansas City. The Majestic Steakhouse has all the gins in your list. If there are flights of beer, why not flights of gin?

Oh, and the blackened ribeye is delicious.

Tried Few Barrel Aged Gin recently and was pretty impressed with it. I believe it's aged in oak barrels which gives it a bit smokiness to it.

$few-barrel-gin-1.jpg

Kinda late to this party but New Amsterdam for cheap mixing of gin and tonics or a gin buck. It really is hard to find a better gin for the price.

Hendricks for martinis and on the rocks. Really does work well in gin and tonics too w/ cucumber garnish. I'm actually kind of a gin noob and have only tried a few. I think I plan on picking up a bottle of Bombay Sapphire the next time I buy a bottle. Monkey 47 has my interest but seems like the price is quite high. Would rather spend that money on a nice bottle of single malt scotch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom