What's new

Hello

Hello all, my name is Adam and I am new to this page/ wet shaving. Just joined this page because my EJ DE89LBL broke at the head, and I found this page very insightful. Just wondering what everyone thinks would be the next step .

Thanks

Hello and welcome, Adam. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

As to your question - I would replace the EJ89 with a vintage Gillette Tech or Super Speed. They are made of brass instead of Zamak like the EJ, and plated.

They will never break unless you drop them a lot and almost try to do them harm.

They are widely available and inexpensive.

Good luck on your shave journey.

Hey thanks! the only thing I find is that I would have no idea where to find the vintage models of razors. I loved my EJ89 but after 4 months it broke without any trauma... Does Edwin Jagger even have any warranty or anything?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Hello Adam and welcome to B&B! As about your question you can switch to a vintage Gillette, which is always a safe choice, or, alternatively if you still prefer a brand new razor, consider a Merkur. This solid German brand makes outstanding DEs and I love both the 42C and 34C models.

Hello all, my name is Adam and I am new to this page/ wet shaving. Just joined this page because my EJ DE89LBL broke at the head, and I found this page very insightful. Just wondering what everyone thinks would be the next step .

Thanks

Hi Adam! Welcome to B&B! I happen to have a Merkur 38C that isn’t being used and I was planning on offering it in a PIF soon. If you would like to try it just PM me your mailing address and I would be very happy to send it along to you. :001_smile

Thanks

proxy.php

Welcome to B&B

Another EJ 89 or a Muhle 89. They are nice shaving razors. Things break and wear out. It is the nature of "new" things

If you have not already done so, stop into the Hall of Fame and tell everyone a little about yourself

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/30-Hall-of-Fame

I have used both a EJ and vintage Gillette I don't think you can go wrong with either. Both shave well with the Gillette being a little more aggressive but I was able to get under my chin and nose more easily.

Hello Adam and welcome to B&B! As about your question you can switch to a vintage Gillette, which is always a safe choice, or, alternatively if you still prefer a brand new razor, consider a Merkur. This solid German brand makes outstanding DEs and I love both the 42C and 34C models.
+1

Hey, just an update, I got a hold of Edwin Jagger and they offered to replace the broken parts of my 89lbl free of charge! In the meantime I did pick up a weishi tto just as a spare. Honestly the weishi works quite well.

Top Bottom