What's new

"P" for "Pipe" / "P" for "PIF"

Not in, but great PIF, "P is for Price."

As for IPSD? I finally (keyword being finally) closed on the house that I should have closed on back in September? October? So disposable income is too low to partake in any of the sales and online festivities. I still have to completely furnish a family room, a dining room, an office, and a finished basement. :crying:

I have to figure out a way to smoke in my basement. I'm worried about having a carpet and lack of windows though. I suspect I'll have to buy some type of filter system and get lots of candles.

Last edited:
Great looking pipe I'M IN!

On the 20th, I plan on smoking a bowl on the beach out on Oregon's coast. I'll be contemplating life while overlooking the great Pacific Ocean.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Great looking pipe I'M IN!

On the 20th, I plan on smoking a bowl on the beach out on Oregon's coast. I'll be contemplating life while overlooking the great Pacific Ocean.

You visiting Oregon or do you live here? There are a few Oregonians on the board here.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I'm from the Midwest and have been living in Portland for almost 8 years. I love it here and won't be moving any time soon.

Oh man, I'm in Portland, and so is Jiminyshiznit! We get together to smoke and share baccy about every month. I'll drop you a PM next time we get together in case you want to join in the fun.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Not in, but great PIF, "P is for Price."

As for IPSD? I finally (keyword being finally) closed on the house that I should have closed on back in September? October? So disposable income is too low to partake in any of the sales and online festivities. I still have to completely furnish a family room, a dining room, an office, and a finished basement. :crying:

Congrats on the new house!!! :thumbup: And a finished basement even. I wish I had one.

I have to figure out a way to smoke in my basement. I'm worried about having a carpet and lack of windows though. I suspect I'll have to buy some type of filter system and get lots of candles.

No windows in the basement? I thought they were a requirement for an escape route during a fire or something...at ground level.

Filter or candles? Ozone generator.

Just put it on a timer for a couple or three hours or so and let it shut off for an hour or two before you go back in. And take all pets, live plants, people, etc. out when it's on. Wife uses one in the hotel she manages when people have smoked in a non-smoking room and lets it run for an hour...then lets the air set for awhile until you can't smell the ozone anymore and the oxygen level gets back to normal...'bout an hour or two usually does it. You can open windows after it turns off also...if you have windows. :biggrin1:

Something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281046020381?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

http://www.amazon.com/Commercial-Industrial-Stainless-Air-Deodorizer/dp/B00FV5WJ44

They work great. You could just say the expense is for completing the furnishing. :001_smile

Sorry for the hijack Price.

Congrats on the new house!!! :thumbup: And a finished basement even. I wish I had one.

No windows in the basement? I thought they were a requirement for an escape route during a fire or something...at ground level.

Filter or candles? Ozone generator.

Just put it on a timer for a couple or three hours or so and let it shut off for an hour or two before you go back in. And take all pets, live plants, people, etc. out when it's on. Wife uses one in the hotel she manages when people have smoked in a non-smoking room and lets it run for an hour...then lets the air set for awhile until you can't smell the ozone anymore and the oxygen level gets back to normal...'bout an hour or two usually does it. You can open windows after it turns off also...if you have windows. :biggrin1:

Something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281046020381?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

http://www.amazon.com/Commercial-Industrial-Stainless-Air-Deodorizer/dp/B00FV5WJ44

They work great. You could just say the expense is for completing the furnishing. :001_smile

Sorry for the hijack Price.

I have a backdoor and I think there's one tiny window right next to it. So, technically it's compliant with code, it's just not a very smoke-friendly situation. Nothing that would fit a box fan or something like that.

The O-Zone option looks interesting. That might be my best bet if it even works in hotel rooms. Thanks for the suggestion.

And sorry Price. Mea culpa.

Okay fellas, that's about it. Here's the final list, as previously specified (bonus entries for AD, Vets, & Contribs):

1. Hruiz
2. doofus
3. DC_MPA
4. Landri
5. Doug57
6. Doug57
7. AbbyW2
8. AbbyW2
9. TexFlood
10. Donnchadh_Sempill
11. BigWil
12. BigWil
13. needtoknow
14. Ace_Club
15. Ace_Club
16. markymark01
17.Al_S
18.Al_S
19. jazzguy
20. Luxem
21. Luxem
22. DaniSei
23. Bsohm
24. Bsohm
25. jrshaver
26. NRAM
27. hrairy
28. kcore
29. Cosmos Mariner
30. Cosmos Mariner

Congrats, Cosmos! May that pipe serve you well!

Price, your generosity shows, once again, how great this forum full of gentlemen is! Thanks for the opportunity to enter your PIF.

Congrats, Cosmos! I am sure you will enjoy many satisfying bowls from that pipe.

Price, as always you are a class act. Outstanding PIF.

Well done, Chief.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Congrats. Cosmos! Be sure to post on how it smokes. A bulldog is the style that I'm looking at for my next purchase. I have two Savinellis and they are both great smokers.

I'm in! I love the look of that pipe! I really want to like pipe smoking, but every time I try I end up with either a pipe that won't stay lit, or wicked tongue bite. I just don't think I've been patient enough. I try it once or twice, then I put it down for a while. I pledge to pick up the pipe again on Feb 20th and give it another go. In the mean time, I'll need to try to find some tobacco. I fear everything I have is dried out.

Congrats. Cosmos! Be sure to post on how it smokes. A bulldog is the style that I'm looking at for my next purchase. I have two Savinellis and they are both great smokers.

Thanks! I'll be sure to report back to the forum about how the bulldog works for me. I'm excited to get it as this will be my first pipe of this style too. I've always loved the aesthetics of them though.

Top Bottom