What's new

"P" for "Pipe" / "P" for "PIF"

So, today makes five years for me on B&B. I decided I wanted to do a little PIF to celebrate, and since just about all of my substantive posts are in the Brown Leaf these days, I figured this would be the best place to do it. So, up for grabs today is this:

$DSCF4091.jpg

What's so special about this pipe, you ask? Well...nothing, really. It's a rusticated Savinelli bulldog that I got in a lot some time ago and cleaned up, but I recently realized I haven't smoked it in probably six months. It could probably be put to better use in someone else's pipe rack. So, gentlemen, I offer it here.

Well, who is eligible for this PIF? I am limiting this PIF to new smokers, old smokers, Brown Leaf newbies, Brown Leaf regulars, or anyone else who happens upon this thread. So, who's eligible? You.

Sounds good, you say. What do I have to do to enter this little PIF? Well, first of all, you have to post in this thread indicating you want in. Then, since International Pipe Smoking Day is only a couple weeks away (Saturday, February 20), you have to tell us all what your plans are for that day. If you don't even own a pipe, I will try to end this PIF in time to get this one delivered to you before IPSD.

Is that all? No, it's not. If you're a total newbie and need some accessories (like, say, a tamper or some pipe cleaners) just let me know and I'll include them in the box. I'm posting this here to give it a little more visibility, but if the winner happens to have a Brown Leaf badge, well... there might be some other stuff thrown in as well.

So, there you have it. Anyone interested?

I am DEFINITELY IN!
I've got a local bend called Mark Twain, it's pretty aromatic! As well as a couple of tins of Dunhill! Honestly, I plan, weather permitting, on sitting outside and reading, as well as grilling some steaks and enjoying my pipe all day. I plan on being outside with a pipe most of the day! Probably going to be one of the most relaxing days I've had in an extremely long time!

I'm in. I'm taking the 20th off and I am going to start with the first pipe I owned, in the morning and fill that bowl up. I am going to smoke that bad boy through. I than am going to take the second pipe I've eve e r owned and fill that bowl up. I am than going to smoke that bad boy through. I think you get the jist. I will go through my complete collection and smoke the heck out of them. I will smoke til my eyes are bloodshot and my tongue is black. I than will finish off with a cigar because there is no such thing as too much of a good thing.

Count me in!

Being that IPSD is on Saturday this year I plan on treating myself to a bowl and a Sam Adams Boston Lager. Hadn't had one of those in many months and so I will treat myself to one of those. Work wise I'll be continuing on piddle projects at home followed with in between pipe breaks smoking a different tobacco each time to appreciate the day.

Wow!

Awesome PIF! I'm in! For that day I'd be hiking with my girlfriend, once I reach the top I'd take out my pipe and puf away while enjoying the scenery.

Thanks for the opportunity!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Great PIF Price!!! My hat is off to you!

Not in though...let someone else that needs it more have a chance.

For IPSD I'm thinking about firing up a Charatan with...I haven't decided yet.

I'm in! I smoked a pipe years ago but have only smoked cigars on and off since. My birthday is on the 19th, so a post-birthday smoke on the morning after with my coffee would be perfect.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Not it (that was very hard to type :biggrin: ) but this is a great PIF. Even though I am not in, on IPSD I will probably burn a couple bowls of my 2.5 year old or so Penzance in my Meerschaum billiard.

I'm in. Never been a smoker.Don't plan to take up cigarettes. But my dad was a pipe smoker when I knew him so going to give that a try when possible. Have my sister, who recently found his razors, looking for any pipes that might remain, but nothing yet. Still hoping though...

I love the way it looks! I fell out of pipe smoking when I took my new job (driving delivery) because of no time while working. But I think it's time to get back into it for evenings and weekends. Count me in!

I'm in...I enjoy smoking pipes on a regular basis, but I only have corncobs. I've been considering getting a real pipe in the near future.

For IPSD, I plan on walking downtown in the small town I live near, while smoking a pipe. I want to invoke memories of grandfathers, uncles and such relaxing at home with a pipe. No other form of tobacco gets the compliments that a pipe gets.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I love, love, love Savinelli pipes, but I'm not in. My current arsenal needs more attention, as it is.

Still, on the great day, I have no doubt that I'll light up a bowl or two. The boys will be off on a campout, so I'll get myself a cup of coffee and ruminate for a moment on which pipe and tobacco would pair just right.

It'll be a nice day.

I'm in! I've been smoking cigars occasionally for a couple years. A friend of mine highly recommends pipe smoking, so I may take it up.
Now that I know IPSD is coming up, I may have to go get a pipe to smoke my first bowl or two, and relax after college exams. Also, I am a total newbie, so I would need a tamper, and a good tobacco recommendation. Awesome PIF!

Last edited:
Wow Price, this is sweeet PIF ! I loves me some Savinelli pipes, but I have a rack full of them so I'm NOT in. Good job and congrats on the 5 year mark.

Top Bottom