What's new

Help ID Ever Ready

Gents,

I acquired this little guy in a lot purchase from France some time ago and just got around to cleaning him up. Any date info would be greatly appreciated. How do these shave? I'll have to give it a spin one of these days.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

That's an Ever Ready Lather Catcher Set from around 1912/1914...Fairly aggressive shavers as I have one..More aggressive than the Gem Junior Bar Lather Catcher for sure..:w00t:

Billy

AS Billy said, that's an Ever-Ready Lather Catcher. These were produced 1904-1914. I believe that the abstract scrollwork on the guard face (as opposed to a pierced "ER") along with the ribbon logo and metal clasp on the case indicate that this is an earlier model, circa 1905-1907.

A complete set in the excellent condition that yours appears to be is somewhat rare.

All the ER Lather Catchers were designed to use spined blades, so modern blades may be used. As Billy also said, it is a fairly aggressive shaver.

--Bob

Wow! Nice features find! I have a similar model but it has the "ER" on the front scrollwork. It has easily become my absolute favorite razor to shave with. I didn't think anything could be better than my Gem Jr or Merkur slant. It gives very close shaves and no irritation. Of course "Ymmv" but I would highly recommend giving it a go!!

Top Bottom