What's new

The greatest soap on Earth: Tabac

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Definitely not the greatest soap on Earth.
And YMMV has noting to do with it.

If gsurko finds Tabac the greatest soap on earth it's all good and who could fault him for it? ...^^^^except the gentleman above^^^...and the zombie Bea Arthur guy...and... lol! :001_rolle

Last edited:
The greatest soap on Earth: Tabac
Haven't tried it but greatest is highly subjective regardless of topic. No soap is best for everyone. Every soap has its fans and detractors.

Definitely not the greatest soap on Earth.
And YMMV has noting to do with it.
YMMV has everything to do with it. People and situations are not all identical. That and various preferences when it comes to soap is what makes it YMMV. It is a very subjective matter.

Last edited:
Haven't tried it but greatest is highly subjective regardless of topic. No soap is best for everyone. Every soap has its fans and detractors.

YMMV has everything to do with it. People and situations are not all identical. That and various preferences when it comes to soap is what makes it YMMV. It is a very subjective matter.

Yes, very true. People may not like the "YMMV" expression, but it holds true for all aspect here at the B&B. Everyone is different and had different likes and conditions. The best soap/cream/blade/razor/brush/aftershave is the one that works for you.

For me it is Tabac, for others MdC or Hasslinger etc.

Tabac is a really good, even a great soap in my opinion. I got a puck over Christmas and love both the scent and lather.

Ther are way to many soaps out there to call it "best".

An outstanding all-round soap that everyone should at the very least try. Scents are always going to be YMMV but its performance is amongst the best. Cushion, glide, post-shave feel, it's certainly got it all.
I've never had anything but compliments about the scent though.

After a couple of months of use I've grown to like the scent and I find that the performance is alright, but ultimately, as Jim Carrey so eloquently put it in Liar Liar: "I've had better."

Couldn't have said it better. It give alot of lather easy. BUT, the lather isn't the best. Far from not good though. I think alot of "NEW" people post about it because it's one of the most recommended soaps for newbies because it's very easy to lather. Works with any water. Very consistent. I think arko puts it to shame. Not in the scent department though. Tabac wins there. The other issue I have with it is that the scent lasts until the next shower. A little much for me.

After a bit of hiatus (enjoying MWF during the very cold weather), I unwrapped a new puck of Tabac today.

Hmmm...the fragrance! Very distinct, as one would expect with a fresh puck...but I know it will fade as the uncovered puck sits out for a while. But...I don't find the fragrance objectionable at all.

Now...onto the shave. A little soaking (aka "blooming" I guess...) with warm water whilst I showered. Pour off the excess water, load my EJ best badger...wow! This stuff loads and builds lather almost automatically. On to face lathering...lots of warm, slick, smooth goodness. Attack the beard with my Schick G-1...the usual DFS+. :thumbup:

I had almost forgotten how good this soap is. Awesome lather with cushion and slickness. It earns a 10 out of 10 for me. Every shave with Tabac is a pleasure IME.

The Perfumania clearance is just too good to pass up for many. I see that Tabac in a bowl is sold out, but there's plenty of pucks, AS and cologne left to go around.

If it is, I've been missing out because I've not tried it.
I would be very surprised if it took top spot, but I suppose you never know - soaps have surprised me before!
Some day... Enjoy!

Top Bottom