What's new

Super Bowl Party Food

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Doc:
Super Bowl food...ya gotta have lots of Buffalo or Hot Wings!!!
proxy.php

proxy.php
“And believe me,… great chicken [wings] can make anybody believe in the existence of God”. Sherman Alexie

Last edited:
No party here--made some chili yesterday, will probably consume most or all of the rest today. Boxed stuff, with beans and my own seasonings added for extra spicyness (mostly chili powder, but also some black pepper, tony cha-cha-ries, and rubbed sage added while browning the beef...because, I don't know where you get your beef, but where I get mine it don't come seasoned).

Failing that, I may walk across the street for some Pizza Hut. :/

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
No party here--made some chili yesterday, will probably consume most or all of the rest today. Boxed stuff, with beans and my own seasonings added for extra spicyness (mostly chili powder, but also some black pepper, tony cha-cha-ries, and rubbed sage added while browning the beef...because, I don't know where you get your beef, but where I get mine it don't come seasoned).

Failing that, I may walk across the street for some Pizza Hut. :/

Thanks for checking into the Mess Hall Ben. Chili is certainly a favorite for the guys around here. We have a pretty good running thread too.

Check this out:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/437091-Texas-Red-Chili-Recipe

Enjoy.

Just doing apps today. Making
-Buffalo Wings (of course)
-Shrimp Cocktail
-Spinach Dip
-Macaroni Salad

The last one is strange, I know, but my wife isn't a fan of buffalo wings (time for a new wife), but she loves pasta, so I make compromises to keep things happy!

Thanks, looks like a great recipe (haven't read through the rest of the thread yet). I'll be sure to give it a shot when I get a chance--right now I don't have a food processor or much in the way of food (though, I do have a ninja blender, which may or may not give comparable results), because I'll be moving soon and I like to pack light.

All else fails, I can get my brother to make it--he may not be a chef, but the guy's a genius in the kitchen, probably because he loves cooking so much. :D

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Been working in the yard all day so Super Bowl chow was early. Grilled Chuck burgers on the flames. Sweet potato fries and sriracha ketchup.

$image.jpg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Big pot o' chili with beans.

You're an instigator...aren't you? :lol:

Did you at least use REAL beans...pinto...instead of the little white ones that don't even generate a mouse fart?

We just had some ribeye steak shish kabobs on the grill over lump charcoal and hickory...nothing special.

No pics...I know...I'm banned now.

Definitely pintos. I know that beans are muy malo, but as KC says, that's the way I like it.

You're an instigator...aren't you? :lol:

Did you at least use REAL beans...pinto...instead of the little white ones that don't even generate a mouse fart?

We just had some ribeye steak shish kabobs on the grill over lump charcoal and hickory...nothing special.

No pics...I know...I'm banned now.

Last edited by a moderator:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
SWMBO was just getting over a bout of strep throat, so we had a very low key Super Bowl--nothing like what we normally would do.

However, in celebration of the New Year of the Monkey, we ate some home made long noodles (a few feet or so long--I got a pic somewhere).

We also finished up some rib-sticking good turkey, sausage, and dumplings from the day before. I have a pic of that:

$uploadfromtaptalk1455062511774.jpg

Top Bottom