What's new

A custom strop for my Wilkinson Sword razor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I was wondering if someone came make me a strop that would fit a Wilkinson Sword safety razor? I have an Valet strop but I don't want to cut it up.

Here are the specs of the strop I need it is 1.45" wide by roughly 14" long and .055" thick.

Thanks

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Maybe see if Legion would come out of retirement and make you one of Kangaroo leather. Normal cowhide may be a poor choice for that thickness, where Kangaroo might be perfect.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Yeah, needs to be pretty thin. And actually I would go a little longer than the original. I need one too, come to think of it.

You can get a whole tanned kangaroo hide for probably $120 to $150, and it will make you a couple of good hanging strops as well as a strop for your Empire set. Everybody who tries them seems to like the 'roo strop.

Legion

Staff member
Yeah, needs to be pretty thin. And actually I would go a little longer than the original. I need one too, come to think of it.

You can get a whole tanned kangaroo hide for probably $120 to $150, and it will make you a couple of good hanging strops as well as a strop for your Empire set. Everybody who tries them seems to like the 'roo strop.

Make sure you get a vegetable tanned hide. Chrome tanning does not make for good strops (nice motorcycle leathers, though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom