What's new

Anybody here do 4 passes?

Normally, I do three passes (WTG, XTG, ATG). However, on a few days, my clean up pass turns into a 4th pass depending on the blade I'm using.

Usually do a wtg and then a AGT and then touch up if needed. I have been know to do a 3 pass when I'm enjoying it and then do a touch up if needed..

Never 4.
Seldom 3.
Usually 2.
Occasionally 1.

I'm perfectly fine with a DFS. Not worth the irritation chasing BBS.

Yes, if you count touchup. I don't do four everywhere, as some regions shave easier than others. Neck/chin/moustache is my heaviest growth, so it is not unusual for me to spend extra time there.

I generally just do one pass WTG. Occasionally I'll do a second pass XTG. I can't do ATG at all. I'm still trying to find a way to get a BBS without major irritation on my neck.

My face can't handle more than 2 passes with touch up. Luckily that gets me a nice DFS. WTG-XTG and I'm good to go.

2 passes, 1 WTG 1 AGT. Rinse again. Feel for stubble. Get after stubble AGT again, which in some places is upward, some leftward, some rightward. Rinse, feel for stubble. Get after stubble again, buffing AGT, stretch, bullfrog, twist, puff, and more AGT buffing. Rinse, repeat; use J-hooking as well as AGT until stubble is as close as possible to being gone.

My standard shave was 4 passes, but I dumped it for a two pass (wtg face & neck then xtg on face & atg on neck), sometimes with touchup on my neck or mustache. The shave is just as good and absolutely no irritation.

2 passes here and maybe a touch up. Usually Straight north and south (wtg) then ear to nose (xtg) from the chin up. The neck and under the chin is another story. Left and right side of my neck get nose to ear then ear to nose. Center of my neck gets nose to ear and then south to north. Except for near the adams apple which only gets nose to ear. It took awhile but when I finally figured out the beard mapping in different areas my results improved and Im irritation free!

I tried it a couple times but I had the feeling that with a 4th pass there is no hair to remove. I do touchups.

I do a 3 plus touch up so I don't know if that counts as four or not. If I use a really sharp blade (Feather), I can get away with just 3 w/o the touchup.

I typically do five passes: WTG, XTG to the right, XTG to the left, ATG, and a clean-up pass. However, choose to leave out ATG on my neck, it always leaves irritation. I'm new to wet shaving and the only possible weird thing I've noticed in my shaves (less than a month's worth) is that soap prevents neck irritation more than cream for me.

I typically do 2 or 3 passes but have given a 4th pass a try once or twice. It just seems to be a bit too much for my skin to handle and i don't see that significant of an improvement over 3 passes to justify it.

Two passes n done. The first pass is WTG. Second pass is a buffing technique that's XTG and leaves an awesome near-BBS shave on about 80% of my face. No rash or irritation is the goal.

Always 3 but always includes a bunch of neck only touch up, I swear the hairs change direction every time...about 20 min total.

Top Bottom