What's new

What's Cooking 2016

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Grilled cheese Sammy with, ham, turkey, garden tomoatoes and basil. Smushed down in a hot skillet.
$image.jpg$image.jpg

Last edited:
Sorting grilling ideas for July...

Marinated & Grilled Portobello Panini

Did the mushrooms on the grill but the panini were done in the panini press so no flipping necessary. Grilled portobello mushrooms, carmelized onions, grated asiago cheese and arugula. Ripped the mushroom stems off and scraped away the gills.

Used an egg/sesame roll and a plain ciabatta roll, the sesame roll won for beauty but the ciabatta won for flavour, texture and crunch. Snapea Crisps and Sriracha ripples for contrast and a Pugnacious Ale to wet, local craft brew.
dave

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Roast Leg of Lamb again. I spiked this one with crushed juniper berries & garlic wedges.

$20160626_183441.jpg

Lamb Leg, yams, pumpkin, Bro-coli & au gratin potatoes

$20160626_184716.jpg

Aaron, baked and smashed the potatoes then rebaked, nice, worked out well.

Beer Can Chicken, hickory smoked.
Smashed mini reds with rosemary and lemon juice/zest.
Steamed asparagus, salt and pepper, butter and a squeeze of lemon.

Blackberry Cobbler my wife made using berries she froze last summer. Clearing the freezer for this summer's bounty. Drizzle of rhubarb syrup on there as well.
dave

Some good looking food here lately. I'm almost ashamed to say, I don't think I've ever done a beer can chicken. And after seeing that lamb, I want to make that again too. You guys are nailing it.

I can't take any credit for this, it was all my wife and our youngest doing. Absolutely delicious and something I would have been happy ordering in a restaurant, it was right up my alley.

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/cornmeal-cheddar-chipotle-waffles-with-eggs-and-chorizo.aspx

Cornmeal-Cheddar-Chipotle Waffles with Fried Eggs and Chorizo

proxy.php

proxy.php

Every bite was like this:
proxy.php

Some good looking food here lately. I'm almost ashamed to say, I don't think I've ever done a beer can chicken. And after seeing that lamb, I want to make that again too. You guys are nailing it.

I can't take any credit for this, it was all my wife and our youngest doing. Absolutely delicious and something I would have been happy ordering in a restaurant, it was right up my alley.

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/cornmeal-cheddar-chipotle-waffles-with-eggs-and-chorizo.aspx

Cornmeal-Cheddar-Chipotle Waffles with Fried Eggs and Chorizo

proxy.php

I'm prepared as well to swap my chicken for one of your waffles! Looks terrific, hats off to the chefs!

dave

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Had a wise guy tooth pulled so a pudding cup for supper :blush:

Yesterday was nice though. Jerk chicken with a green tomato and pineapple salsa.

$Jerk (1 of 2).jpg$Jerk (2 of 2).jpg

Oh my . . . I forgot the red beans and rice. They were good but the last time I did red beans and rice I mixed up some Cajun seasoning. Anybody wish to share their recipe? I.e. I don't know where I saved the recipe for the Cajun seasoning but it was very nice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom