What's new

What's Cooking 2016

Looks terrific Juan and it sure beats heating up the kitchen.

Are you a bread maker, i'd be very tempted!

dave

$image.jpeg
Lamb shanks with rosemary and redcurrant jelly glaze on parsnip and celeriac mash.

​ftfy - Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. Finally put to use a paella pan that I found as a sidewalk freebie several years ago. Paella de mariscos (with some downgraded ingredients based on what my fishmonger had). Turned out good!
View attachment 675625View attachment 675626View attachment 675627

that looks awesome and may be one of my next cooks on the grill....my father who was from Galicia was a master of the paella...I used to make them all the time and since my daughter is coming into town and she loves my paella....I may have to go to the seafood store and put one together!

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
View attachment 677294

Lamb shanks with rosemary and redcurrant jelly glaze on parsnip and celeriac mash.

Looks great Brett! Every time I see you guys post pictures of Lamb shanks, I want to try them. Trouble is, they don't normally carry them in these parts. It's far easier to find rack of lamb, lamb chops, shoulder chops, and leg of lamb. :001_huh:

Thanks Connie. They were delicious, meat shredded with a fork with a sweet sticky glaze. We're really lucky, they are cheap and easily available here. I picked these up for $9 a kilo whilst lamb chops are around $18/kg. Interestingly our local butcher sells legs of goat for $9.99 a kilo (1/2 tge price of lamb) so if I want to do a roast quite often I'll pick one of those up instead.

Oh....and Brett, that looks amazing!! Great plating and even better looking food!!
thanks Juan. They were delicious. I shredded the meat from the leftover shanks and made a ragout with zucchini and green lentils and served it on home made tagliatelle.. $image.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thanks Connie. They were delicious, meat shredded with a fork with a sweet sticky glaze. We're really lucky, they are cheap and easily available here. I picked these up for $9 a kilo whilst lamb chops are around $18/kg. Interestingly our local butcher sells legs of goat for $9.99 a kilo (1/2 tge price of lamb) so if I want to do a roast quite often I'll pick one of those up instead.

I wish lamb was more readily available here. In the old days, the cattlemen really took a dim view of sheep herders, and made their lives pretty rough. I love rib eye, but if I could only eat one meat for the rest of my life it would be lamb.

Struck black gold at one of the farmer's markets we hit up each week. Freezer bound for a blast of summer in the depths of winter.

Preview of the veg/seafood cookout next weekend. Grilled Portabello Salad

-grilled portabellos
-grilled sweet onion
-grilled corn-on-the-cob
-arugula, mesclun greens
-avocado
-backyard tomatoes
-avocado
-cilantro
-lime vinegrette
-feta cheese

Leave off the feta and you have a vegan meal.

So fresh and light tasting, new explosion of flavour-combos with each forkful consumed, aaaaah summer...

dave

Last edited:
Thanks Connie and Chris!

I can't take credit for the idea, i was very much recipe guided, they even suggested putting the mushrooms in two rows for effect, not that you will see them once the salad is fully composed...

Recipe is a keeper and no reason you couldn't sub in your favourite meat or different mushroom variety, lots to play with.

dave

Lovely piece of Atlantic Salmon, my favorite rub (Rub With Love) and grilled on paper thin cedar wood. Came out delicious. $uploadfromtaptalk1470009207454.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Skinless, boneless chicken thighs marinaded in garden fresh rosemary and thyme over night. Smoked on grill then placed over coals for a little char.

$image.jpg $image.jpg

Great looking salmon and thighs guys, oozing flavour!

This one's from a vegan cookbook but as i didn't get to my tofu wrangler i went with chicken thighs.

Red Curry Plate; Grilled Bone-in/Skin-on Chicken Thighs, Grilled-naked Corn on the Cob, Grilled Bok Choy, Steamed Filet Beans, Rice Vermicelli

Curry sauce is red curry paste, peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, minced fresh ginger and garlic, lime zest & juice, water (called for vegetable stock), cornstarch to thicken.

Only the beans from the backyard.

And a big bowl of the sauce on the table to further enhance the chicken and vegetables.

Dining music, Robyn Hitchcock; Black Snake Diamond Role...dave

Top Bottom