What's new

What's Cooking 2016

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Happy Birthday! I love visiting Fredricksburg. And Grape Creek Vineyard!
Enjoy your day

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thanks Mike. Well, the birthday meal will be delayed until Friday evening. I'm headed to Frederisksburg, Texas, a big German town. We plan to eat at the Der Lindenbaum. Here's the menu:

https://locu.com/places/der-lindenbaum-fredericksburg-us-1/#menu

What looks good to you?
The sauerbraten is fantastic. I can't remember whether it come with German potato salad or red cabbage, but I always add whichever one it doesn't come with. A Spaten Optimator goes well with it.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I like the look of everything on the menu too.

This was breakfast. The founder of the company I work for likes to cook beans and franks for the drivers and staff. He adds diced tomatoes and celery. I found I love them this way too. Eggs a bit over cooked so my wife can handle them. With MS working with a fork is a little unsteady and the eggs this way don't fall off.

$beans and eggs (1 of 1).jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Sauerbraten and Weinerschitzel....a great birthday meal. I wish Owen would have told me the place was cash only. I almost had to wash the schitzel dishes. [MENTION=36529]oc_in_fw[/MENTION]

$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ok, that refreshes my memory- the sauerbraten comes with noodles and cabbage. I always add German potato salad. That will fill you up for a while.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Flat Iron Steak and salad with pineapple miso pan sauce. Another Chefs Plate meal.

One of the few times my wife has hated something I couldn't get enough of. This pan sauce was sweet and sour and she dislikes sour.

$Flat Iron Steak and salad with pineapple miso pan sauce.jpg

Mother's Day Breakfast for my wife.

Cinnamon buns from scratch.

From this:
proxy.php

To this:
proxy.php

Glaze/Icing to be made fresh in the morning for when then come out of the oven.

Hooked up my wife for brunch on her first Mother's Day.

Frittata with spinach, orange bell pepper, mushroom, tomato and bacon, with gruyere. Orange muffins made with Cara Cara oranges, and mimosas with fresh-squeezed Cara Cara orange juice. The mimosas made her quite "happy" :001_smile

$md_2016.jpg

Mother's day, oh oh...

Vegan Bowl - Mixed grains with Greeen Sauce

Equal parts basmati rice, millet & mixed quinoa cook in a quantity of water equal to the grain total.
Green sauce - watercress, chives, cilantro, Thai & Genovese basil, garlic, dijon mustard & olive oil, pureed.
Garnishes - watercress, chopped capers, roasted cashews & walnuts, pickled radishes, scallion whites

proxy.php

---
proxy.php

---
proxy.php

---
proxy.php

---
proxy.php

---

proxy.php

dave

Man, that is a great looking dish. I'm not a vegan, but I find the food really good, as long as it's not trying to be a meat substitute, ie, meatless "ribs," meatless "sausage," etc. The meat-like things are always a bit of a let down. We have a great vegan place near by; I just stick to the stuff that's not trying to fool me :wink2:

Top Bottom