What's new

Can anybody here get away with just wearing DEODRANT?

Alot of people don't know but deodorant and antiperspirant are 2 different things. Deodorant is for the smell antiperspirant keeps you dry. Although we all just call it deodorant.

Who here can get away with simply wearing deodorant, if so, what brand do you wear?

I only wear deodorant, antiperspirant isn't good for you, your skin needs to breath and sweat.

Speed stick deodorant is probably my favorite. Regular or Musk. It is effective, inexpensive, and does not irritate like many antiperspirants can.

I've been using the Walmart cheapo Brut deodorant last week or two. Love the scent and working fine for now, we'll see after things warm up a bit.

I only use deodorant. Believe it or not, I sweat more if I use antiperspirant. Figure that one out.

I used a certain brand of antiperspirant once and noticed the same thing. Its been several years ago and I forget what it was, but yea... it was like it triggered the sweat glands. I've used nothing but a Crystal stick for at least the last five years and love it.

I found the Old Spice 'Amber', and it was great! But as soon as I bought one, it seems to have disappeared. They seem to go through an awfule lot of scent and name changes. Why can't companies just settle on something anymore! Too much constant change!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Lafe's natural crystal rock deodorant. It's 100% potassium alum the same as alum block, so I use it as a part of my post shave routine and then my pits killing two birds with one stone. It gives you zero body odor as a deodorant.

Last edited:
Lafe's natural crystal rock deodorant. It's 100% potassium alum the same as alum block, so I use it as a part of my post shave routine and then my pits killing two birds with one stone. It gives you zero body odor as a deodorant.

Whenever I see Lafe's, I cant help but think of Lafe Crick, Jed Clampett's acquaintance from back home. I don't think he used deodorant.

$lafe crick.jpg

Only ever used deodorant. Speed Stick Regular mostly, although I have tried other SS scents and other brands, I always come back to Speed Stick.
As mentioned above there was a formula change awhile back removing the triclosan... This reduced the effectiveness a bit.
I have never been one to sweat heavily, so deodorant does the trick for me.

I use Original Old Spice or Speed Stick (currently Musk) deodorants.
I sweat like crazy regardless of what I use, and many anti-perspirants really irritate my armpits but most deodorants don't.

Deodorant only here, for at least the last 20 years. I read somewhere that the aluminum salts in the antiperspirant can clog your pores and actually make you sweat more. I use Dove for Men on days when the heat is higher or I'm doing yard work. At the office I use Crystal Deodorant in the liquid pump (not the hard stone or the roll on).

Alot of people don't know but deodorant and antiperspirant are 2 different things. Deodorant is for the smell antiperspirant keeps you dry. Although we all just call it deodorant.

Who here can get away with simply wearing deodorant, if so, what brand do you wear?

I didn't read the whole thread.

I trim back my pit hair with a blending guard on my hair clipper. Its extremely short but not enough to be irritating or scratchy. I use Thai Crystal Deodorant stone. That's it. I can go several days without showering and not have any pit odors. I usually shower daily but I love the Thai Crystal. My underarms don't feel goopy or sticky and no stains on my shirts plus it works. The Thai Crystal also lasts me almost a year . The first one lasted a year till it got small and moved to shaving duty and the current on is on 8 months.

I like Dove Men Care+ deodorant (the blue or silver one) and right guard mirage. I don't think I've ever had an antiperspirant actually work. Just ended up staining clothes. I like the smell from deodorants over antiperspirant.

Top Bottom