What's new

Proraso Green Poll

Proraso Green Preference

• Tub (Soap)

• Tube (Creme)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would recommend not paying any attention to reviews on amazon. Some are legit, but a lot of the reviews are either from people that have not tried the product themselves (reviews from the wife saying how much husband loves product), or people that are paid to write good reviews.

On a positive note, Proraso is a decent product. I have the green in the tube and the red in the tub. Both make decent lather but i prefer the tub because i like to swirl the brush around the soap. The cream works just the same, so it would be whatever method you prefer. Pretty sure it is the same product.

I like both but I can get CO Bigelow (same stuff) at any Bath & Body Works which gives it a slight edge.

I love almost every Proraso product I've tried, but I definitely use the green for travel in greater quantity than their other offerings. That small, bright green half-size tube is a regular in my travel kit. The Bigelow tubes are often on a buy 2 -- get one free, so they're a very good value too!

$delme.jpg

If I could get the wonderful Proraso red in a travel tube, I'd be delighted.​

Tube, I never tried the tub. But I assume that the cream is easier to lather because it contains water compared to the hard soap.

I would recommend not paying any attention to reviews on amazon. Some are legit, but a lot of the reviews are either from people that have not tried the product themselves (reviews from the wife saying how much husband loves product), or people that are paid to write good reviews.

On a positive note, Proraso is a decent product. I have the green in the tube and the red in the tub. Both make decent lather but i prefer the tub because i like to swirl the brush around the soap. The cream works just the same, so it would be whatever method you prefer. Pretty sure it is the same product.
+1

I have only used the tube/cream. I have used several over the years and it is one of the few I only get in the cream form. Why? I don't know but the stuff works.

Tube.

The Proraso tub is such an odd shape. Once you reach the neck of the tub loading soap becomes quite difficult with even a medium sized brush. The tube on the other hand is classy. Metal, great graphics, good quality lid and just looks so elegant on the counter top. The product inside is pretty much the same.

Wow, it's really neck and neck; 38 to 37 for tube. I voted for the tube [I gravitate towards either soft creams, or very hard soaps; versus croaps]. I would venture to say, if this thread were to be in the Shaving Creams sub-forum, the margin would be wider.

The tub was the first shaving product I used and I rather like it but I found it easier to build a good lather with the tube and that's due to the fact you can get more product on the brush easily. I think I would go with tube just because of that eventhough I tend to prefer soaps over creams I would say the tube is a little better for Proraso.

I like the smaller tub which is 75ml. Easier to handle, easier to stow, easier to load brush.
The larger tub is 150ml not so convenient in so many ways.

Top Bottom