What's new

Got Some New Shave Gear Today - Vintage GEM

We live in Panama so the post office is not on holiday today.

SO... to my surprise I got some new shave gear in today. What is great is that I was dinking around on eBay and figured I would place some bids expecting not to win what so ever.

BUT... I did win.

Vintage 1930's GEM Micromatic Safety Razor in Orig.Art Deco Bakelite Case ($17.00)

Early Model Ever-Ready Shovelhead (not shown) & Fancy Gold Handle Single Edge Safety Razors ($15)

I also got in my Omega Tube Cream and Boar Brush as well as a Weishi 9306CL Long Handle Version Heavy Weight Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor .

To boot, I also got some samples of Captain's Aftershave, shave creams and a jar of Captain's Bay Rum Shave Cream.

Over all, today was a very good day.

$New-shave-gear-11-26-15.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

congrats, that is a nice delivery!

Enjoy the SE razors, The Ever Ready Shovel head is an excellent tool, and one of my very favorites.

Make sure to use blades designed for shaving, NOT scraping paint!

The Shovel Head otherwise known as the 1924 is a very aggressive shaver...The OCMM I am assuming you've got if its a Micromatic from the 30s is not quite as aggressive as the 1924 in my books but is takes a lot more to skill to use...That Gold coloured one you haven't mentioned looks like a Gem Junior 1912 variant which is by far the mildest of the SEs you have just got...:w00t:

Billy

Last edited:
Way to go! It's always fun to win, especially when you don't think you will. Much fun.

As one expert here says:

Must have more razors :thumbup:

Top Bottom