What's new

Looking for a low scented aftershave balm

Yes, I know this seems like an odd request, but I work in a scent-free environment, live in a low scent home and most of my shaving products are no-, low- or mild-scented.

On the weekends or days off I do secretly dream of being able to splash on a bit of aftershave balm that is mildly scented. I know everyone's opinion of how strong a scent is varies and this is a YMMV thing, but does anyone have any suggestions? It is really hard to buy products via internet that you can't smell. Someday hopefully someone will invent a computer screen that has the capacity for "scratch and sniff".

On the inexpensive side, there is Atra by Mennen with two fragrances and two by Gillette, a gel and a lotion. Those typically run less than $3 and I have some of each. They do the job and I would call both mildly scented.

There are many great aftershave that dissipate quickly. You can enjoy the scent yourself, and it will be gone within minutes.

On me the following scents dissipate quickly:
Dr. Harris Arlkington
Myrsol Blue
Myrsol Formula K
Spieck

Arlington hangs around on me for at least an hour or two, so YMMV on that one.

I found that St. James Lavendar and St. James Cedar & Clarysage smell real nice for about 10 minutes then dissipate quickly.

I found that St. James Lavendar and St. James Cedar & Clarysage smell real nice for about 10 minutes then dissipate quickly.

+1 on the lavender. St. James advertises their Lavender & Germanium as unscented, so it may not suit the OP's needs.

Every Man Jack has an unscented product, and Cremo's moisturizer has no scent either.
They're available in brick-and-mortar stores, reasonably priced, and effective.

I didn't read the original post fully. For lightly scented balms, I would recommend L'Occitane's Cade (try asking your local shop -- if you have one -- for a sample) and the wonderful Myrsol Emulsión.

Nivea sensitive is good and the scent doesn't last long, but I don't care for the scent while I can still smell it. The price is good tho. I use Musgo Real now. The scent is mild and pleasant and also doesn't last long. For me, it works much better than Nivea, but it costs a lot more ($28 and up), so you may want to see how the Nivea works. I have half a bottle of Nivea that I haven't touched since I got the Musgo because it's so much better for me, I'll save it for travelling. As I've learned here tho, ymmv.

I actually don't like the smell of the Nivea sensitive, though I am getting used to it. I do like the way it works when I have a bit of burn. I often follow with a splash of Clubman for a better scent.

Just bought and tried some of the Gillette Gel mentioned above. Must say it did a very nice job moisturizing me, didn't feel greasy and had a light, pleasant scent that I imagine wouldn't last long (I put some AV over it almost immediately, but the scent of the Gillette was very light).

It's only my first time using it, but I was definitely impressed!

Top Bottom