What's new

Any of you switch from carrying a trifold wallet to something else?

I've always carried a trifold wallet in my back pocket.
I never stuff it full, so thickness never really bothered me.
It also seems to secure the contents better.
Anyway, I need a new wallet and have been thinking of an alternative.
I'm looking to spend around $50, which is more than I have spent on all wallets combined that I've carried, so I want to be happy.

I went from a trifold to just a folding, and now I just use a moneyclip. I usually just have a few bucks, my atm card & license and a few other cards on me, so it works perfect. No bulk and a cool Harley emblem to boot. If you want to lose the bulk and carry just the minimum like me, there are some very nice clips out there you might want to check out. Just a suggestion.

I tend to carry too much stuff in my wallet, to the point that I couldn't sit on it. I went from a bifold with everything, to cleaning it out, and getting a smaller bifold. What really helped me was going back to a slim wallet, and putting my badge and ID card in another wallet. It helps balance things.

I did about four years ago and went from a trifold to a front pocket wallet. It forced me to remove a few things I never really needed and it was more comfortable to carry all day. I had run into issues with sitting on my wallet, even a thin one, for long periods of time due to a hip problem and always had it in a desk drawer or my car console.

About six or eight years ago I went to a leather front pocket wallet with an integral magnetic money clip. Bought it a Walmart for $7. I keep a driver's license, credit card, ATM card, card key, insurance card, and a business card in it. Works great for me.

I stopped sitting on my wallet 20 years ago after getting a sore back on a 5 hour van run. Recently switched from a no name trifold to a Saddleback bifold. Love the wallet, though I had a few hiccups at first with it eating credit cards, their customer service was awesome and got me a new non card eating version. I honestly carry too much in my wallet, and most likely couldn't go with a slim. I have a problem with carrying too much stuff in my pockets in general...

I slimmed down from a tri-fold to a card case. It forced me to pare down to the bare essentials: my license, a debit card, two credit cards, $20 cash, insurance cards and a few business cards.

I went from a trifold to just a folding, and now I just use a moneyclip. I usually just have a few bucks, my atm card & license and a few other cards on me, so it works perfect. No bulk and a cool Harley emblem to boot. If you want to lose the bulk and carry just the minimum like me, there are some very nice clips out there you might want to check out. Just a suggestion.

I went through the same progression. Now, I have a phone case that has credit card and cash pocket.

i went from one wallet to two.. a bill fold and an angle card wallet.

I also have two wallets.
One goes in my pocket and carries my Driver License, Work IDs insurance card, Union Membership, and a debit card.
The other one stays in the car and carries everything else.

I need to replace my pocket wallet.
Its going on 7 years old and is getting pretty ragged.
The current one is made of vinyl, but I'd like to replace it with real leather.
I've shopped around but can't find anything I really like.

I'm also in the market for a good money clip to hold currency ... any suggestions?

I switched to a bi-fold and now carry it in my front left without a jacket and jacket right when wearing a jacket. It is the Ashford Leather "Tony the Ant" in Shell Cordovan.

I had a money clip/card holder combo made by Nixon while I was in college, it worked pretty well for me.
Went from that to a trifold Velcro wallet because I didn't want to be an adult yet. With so much room for activities, I quickly filled it up and it got to be too beefy.
Wifey got me a bifold leather wallet and it's worked out fine so far. Just making sure I don't fill it up.

I made the move to minimalist wallets years ago and have never once thought I needed more room or felt the need to go back to a bi-fold or tri-fold wallet.

My choice for the last 4 years has been a Saddleback ID Wallet. I'm not sure how this thing will ever wear out.

I've been wanting one of those stingray skin wallets for a while. Every few years I switch between bi- and tri-

Top Bottom