What's new

Captured After A 3 Year Stalk

About three years ago, I noticed this Gillette NEW in a plastic case with blades in a display case at my favorite antique mall with a $200 price tag on it. The razor was in great shape, but I doubted the plastic box and the blades were period. In any case, it was a ridiculous price for the time and place.

So, for the last three years, I have been going in, buying a few razors and other odds and ends, and commenting on that razor's ridiculous price whenever the opportunity presented itself.

Today I walked in, and the price was cut by over 65%. I commented on it to the man running the mall, and he replied that he'd cut that in half to get rid of it -- SOLD.

This is what I brought home:
$In Store.jpg

Some investigation revealed a strip of white paper covering the word "Adjustable". A little shuffling gave me this:
$At Home.jpg

I already had a Gillette Black and Red set with an identical but totally-brassed razor, so that was an easy move. The icing on the cake was realizing that I also had a vintage case and blades for my Fatboy. I've made some decent finds this year, but this is by far my best.

Patience is indeed a virtue.

Lord, please send me some more -- and hurry.:laugh:

Nice score! I would kill to find a nice case for my Fatboy.
(On an unrelated note: would you mind sharing your address?)

Glad you finally got to bring it home!:thumbup1:

I have a few I've been stalking hoping to get at a reasonable price someday.

Actually, winning isn't exactly like shaving. With the right preparation and razor, I only have to shave every other day. :laugh:

Top Bottom