What's new

Do you rinse your soap puck off after use?

I just want the soap to last. AOS tallow is out of production, so i'm willing to take steps (that dont impact loading) to prolong its life

I actually do the opposite of most of you. I don't rinse but I don't dry it either. I leave it in the shave mug or container and actually add a little water before closing the lid (or just leave in mug). This way it's soft and moist the following morning, and I am not really wasting much because the goodness stays in the mug.

$IMG_0979.jpg

I suppose if I regularily bought soaps that came in their own container with a "lid" so I could "close it up", I probably wouldn't rinse either. However, I almost exlusively just use a mug and puck, and I'd rather not have months or years worth of soap-buildup inside my mugs.

Depends on the soap. With MWF, I do, as a dry cake of MWF splinters like the cooked floor of the desert and will turn into a real P.I.T.A. when lathering. It loves moisture. I went on a Tabac binge for 2 months and forgot to wet my nearly used puck and it just shriveled up and broke into pieces. Now when I lather I have to pick little pieces out of the brush. :mad3: I'm just going to get a new puck.

With Tabac and Cella, I just rinse the outside of the container to get the suds off and then cover them up/towel them off.

I have limited space and I hang the soap, mug and all, from an S-hook. I rinse the mug inside and out so it will hang neatly and not drip any soap from the lip.

I give the puck in the 1940s Old Spice mug that I use a quick cold water rinse. It doesn't take much water to give it a rinse so I don't figure much soap is wasted. It leaves things looking tidy.

Come to think of it, what is the purpose of the rinsing? If it's to preserve the soap by removing the foam, why? The foam is just soap and water; the soap wont hurt the soap, and rinsing to remove the water is counterproductive isn't it?

Come to think of it, what is the purpose of the rinsing? If it's to preserve the soap by removing the foam, why? The foam is just soap and water; the soap wont hurt the soap, and rinsing to remove the water is counterproductive isn't it?
The lather starts to cake to the sides of my mug and starts drying into a thick layer of soap if left long enough, and enough times. I'd rather just rinse the lather out than let it build up and then have to scrub it off later.

Top Bottom