What's new

Finally finished my first full sized cream.

Congrats. I am working on a tub of Trumper's coconut. 200g of cream lasts a long time. Even the premier brands are not expensive on a per shave basis. This one will end up lasting 3 1/2 months or slightly more.

I'm trying to get to the end of a tub of TOBS Jermyn St. I would have finished by now, but I switched from a 27 inch boar to 22 inch whipped dog synth, and it's amazing how much less product it uses and how long it stretches out the tub. I went from demolishing it at a furious pace to feeling like I'm barely making a dent each day.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
I'm trying to get to the end of a tub of TOBS Jermyn St. I would have finished by now, but I switched from a 27 inch boar to 22 inch whipped dog synth, and it's amazing how much less product it uses and how long it stretches out the tub. I went from demolishing it at a furious pace to feeling like I'm barely making a dent each day.
It's a wonder you have any soap w/a 27 inch brush:w00t::w00t::biggrin1:

Congrats! I have 3 sizes of brushes (small, medium, large) depending on my soaps and creams and for the expensive stuff I usually use the small brush to maximize it.

It is amazing how long most soaps & creams last. I have been working on a tub of RazoRock Classic since summer and it still has a week or two left in her. Then it's on to a tube or a stick of Palmolive. I used the tube on Sunday for my switch off and it really worked well but the stick is nice too. Decisions, decisions?

Had to chime in, only because I am equally surprised at how long some creams can last.
I bought a tub of TOBS Peppermint in May. I still have enough to last me through the end of November. I use a 24mm Silvertip, but it still doesn't take much product to fill the brush with a luxurious lather.

It's a wonder you have any soap w/a 27 inch brush:w00t::w00t::biggrin1:

Might be fun for washing the car. Get a tire-sized puck of soap, load the brush up, lather the car with sudsy water, and then rinse it down. Of course, at that point, the neighbors will start to worry that your shaving obsession has creeped into every aspect of daily life. :shaving:

Top Bottom