What's new

My BBQ Pit Project

Wow, you guys have been busy on here over the holiday break haha!

I got my angle grinder for Christmas and I am meeting a guy to buy a Dewalt chop saw tonight. I currently have a line on a full MIG set-up with a Hobart Handler 140 that I'm hoping to go take a look at this weekend. Will post pictures of my bounty on Sunday!

After all that, I will be ready to start making this look less like an air compressor and more like a smoker! I'm getting excited.

I also found out this is actually a 60gal tank, I contacted the original manufacture from 1981 and they sent me the whole spec sheet on this special order tank!

Cool deal! Can't wait to see the pics!

Dang! This thread got stepped on!

Yep was an intermission that was approved by me!

This project will be temporarily put on hold for ~3 months. My lovely better half whom never asks for anything (yet puts up with all of my ridiculous hobbies) asked for a new bed for our room. The funds I had earmarked for a welder and steel graciously went towards our new bed without a second thought. I will keep you guys posted with the progress in the meantime with regard to updated calculations, cutting off the pump and motor bracket, cleaning the tank up, cutting the notch for the FB, and seeing what I can do about cutting out the plugs. By April or so, I should be able to move forward with the welder and steel.

Still stupid excited about this project!

Make a bed with a welder and steel.:001_smile

Haha that memory foam crap is essspensive! Though much softer than steel!

I did joke to her last night when she told me the price of the comforter and sheets she was looking at that it better have a welder wrapped up in it for that much!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Haha that memory foam crap is essspensive! Though much softer than steel!

I did joke to her last night when she told me the price of the comforter and sheets she was looking at that it better have a welder wrapped up in it for that much!

I went with a Sleep Number 2 years ago. The TempurPedic seemed to hot to me. There is a Holiday Inn in our area that has TempurPedic beds, so I got to sleep in one before I bought one- I am glad I did. Have you checked around to see if you have any in your area that has these?

I agree on the TempurPedic, we are going with a Serta iComfort series. Both the wife and I really liked the model we decided on, which is very rare when it comes to beds haha. She's very excited about it, I'm happy that she's so excited.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I got my angle grinder for Christmas and I am meeting a guy to buy a Dewalt chop saw tonight. I currently have a line on a full MIG set-up with a Hobart Handler 140 that I'm hoping to go take a look at this weekend. Will post pictures of my bounty on Sunday!

Throw us a bone and show a picture.

That bone should've had some meat on it with BBQ sauce...just sayin'.

Man you are getting picky haha.

$Franklin-BBQ-Beef-Ribs1.jpg

...just sayin'

Beef ribs don't need no stinkin sauce

Here are the chop saw and the angle grinder. The angle grinder is a nice 4.5" variable speed grinder with a no shock start up. The chop saw is just a standard 14" dewalt.

proxy.php
proxy.php

I also got some 3/16" plate for various parts, pipe for the stack and pipe for hinges all from the scrap yard.

proxy.php

Top Bottom