What's new

Best blade for Mongoose

I expect to see a Goose show up in a week or so. I already have a Mongoose blade sampler from Try-A-Blade.

Which of the blades seem give the best shave ? Do any have characteristics I should be aware of or look out for ?

Thanks,

Ron I

A lot of people seem to prefer the Feather Super Pro blades in the Mongoose. They are slightly thicker which makes the razor slightly more aggressive. I like the Kai Captain Titan Mild or Feather Pro blades myself.

I love my Mongoose but I just can't seem to achieve BBS with respect to my neck/under the chin area.

I purchased the blade sampler pack from Try-A-Blade and subsequently used the vast majority of blades I received.

While some of the blades were certainly "smoother" than others, I can't say any particular blade shaved closer than the other.

I suspect my troubles are connected to poor technique rather than choice of blade.

Advice/Tips ?????

I love my Mongoose but I just can't seem to achieve BBS with respect to my neck/under the chin area.

I purchased the blade sampler pack from Try-A-Blade and subsequently used the vast majority of blades I received.

While some of the blades were certainly "smoother" than others, I can't say any particular blade shaved closer than the other.

I suspect my troubles are connected to poor technique rather than choice of blade.

Advice/Tips ?????

I bought two of those sampler kits. So far have only used the Kai Captain Mild. It has provided both smooth and clean shaves. I have 3 shaves on it. Which of those in the kit did you find smoothest?

I ordered both the 1/2", ginger-swirl, and the 5/8" dub-legend handles. The Mongoose is one hellava piece of kit. I enjoy it more than any razor I've tried, and that's a lot. Both handles are beautiful, but with the dub installed it would suitable for Paul Bunyan; it is really big!

Hope you find the perfect blade soon.

Ron I

So far Kai mild or Feather Pro about equally. I'm getting 2-3 weeks of daily shaves out of each blade. I'm really enjoying the mongoose.

So far out of the ones I've used the Feather Pro, Pro Guard and the Kai captain sharp blade works the best for me.

The only one I haven't tried yet is the Kai original but I'm sure it's good.

Top Bottom