What's new

Hugo Linder help

Good evening! I recently picked up a Hugo Linder Deltawerk straight razor. It's stamped with a 189 and what appears to be an Oak leaf? as the makers mark. It's stamped Germany and Solingen and he original box is printed in English and German. I was trying to learn about the maker to see if it's worth cleaning up and using. I'm coming up with nothing aside from WWII SS daggers that were made by Hugo Linder and have the same makers marks.

Any input would be great.... been Googling like crazy and can't find a single solid lead.

Thanks!!

Pics are always helpful, but in general if the razor has no serious issues right off.. so no broken scales, no large chips from the edge, no extreme rust, just patina, they are all worth the minimal effort to at least make them shave ready again.

Good evening! I recently picked up a Hugo Linder Deltawerk straight razor. It's stamped with a 189 and what appears to be an Oak leaf? as the makers mark. It's stamped Germany and Solingen and he original box is printed in English and German. I was trying to learn about the maker to see if it's worth cleaning up and using. I'm coming up with nothing aside from WWII SS daggers that were made by Hugo Linder and have the same makers marks.

Any input would be great.... been Googling like crazy and can't find a single solid lead.

Thanks!!

If you can imagine a time when everyone on the planet shaved with a straight razor, most were very inexpensive and there were millions of them made. They were so common and prolific that even small retailers and shops would give them away or sell them cheaply as promotions. Today's equivalent might be a ink-pen or coffee mug with the name of your business printed on it. If you bought enough razors, you could have your name stamped on them. I have a few that were made for hardware stores. Hugo Linder Deltawerk probably didn't make it. They just had their name attached to it. Their company made poultry shears for cutting up chickens and some cutlery and razors were likely a sideline.

Top Bottom