What's new

Makers Mark Ambassadors

Any other Makers Mark Ambassadors on here?
$MakersMarkAmbassador.jpg

I've got my name on a barrel that will be ready in about 2021. Can't wait to go down there, have the Ambassador Tour, get two bottles from "my" barrel and dip them in the red wax!

I've no heard of this program. I assume there is a cost associated with it. It sounds like a neat experience. How much does this set you back? I also wonder if other distiller's do this, as I find Makers to be a bit too "buttery" for my taste.

Yessir, I've been an ambassador for a few years. The program is free, and I love the cool stuff they send you around Christmas.

My mom took the tour earlier this year, and brought me back a bottle of 46 she dipped herself.

It's completely free. Just go to makersmark.com and click ambassadors.

While I'm sure they aren't losing money on it, it's nice to see a company offer a program like this gratis, rather than make you pay to be some sort of "special member" -- and then even give you gifts and perks for essentially doing their advertising for them.

... hummm?... will I still be here in 2021+? will I be solvent?... will I be able to travel?... can I will the proceeds to my choice of beneficiary?...

(gads, I think I'll just go to my cabinet and draw me some single barrel today and be pleased I have it NOW. I was saving it for some special occasion - just never got around to figuring out what it was going to be? Happy Unbirthday - TO ME!)

*update*
Heheh! Could I really have resisted? I THINK NOT!
Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:
Yeah I am. Ive probably been one for 5+ years. They always send me a dumb little christmas present (example: a sweater for my makers mark bottle, last year was a scarf for my makers bottle).

I'm not, but my father is. I'm just getting into the American Whiskeys (have to remember to add the 'e'). :laugh:

I've been an ambassador for about 6 years and my barrel was ready this fall. Went to Loretto, KY about 2 weeks ago and took the "Heritage" tour conducted by Rob Samuels. Excellent tour and very educational. Got to hand dip my bottles.$2015-10-23 15.44.30.jpg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I signed up when I read your post. Now I have time to save my pennies and buy my barrel when it's ready!!!

Just signed up. The program looks pretty neat. I joined a similar program with Laphroaig. They give everyone a little 1"X1" plot of land out in the peat bog. If I ever went there, I could strap on a pair of boots and claim my plot.

In this program, how much do you have to pay for the pleasure of owning the bottle with your name?

Here's my Makers 46 all dressed up with some gifts from the Makers Ambassador program
$Makerssweater.jpg

Also have a human-sized scarf and headband/earmuffs.

Here's my Makers 46 all dressed up with some gifts from the Makers Ambassador program
View attachment 623121

Also have a human-sized scarf and headband/earmuffs.
If only I had this I could win the ugly sweater contest at my work Christmas Party! :laugh: It's a neat program and I just signed up. I was thinking going in that being Canadian I would be excluded. Happily that was not the case.

This sounds like an amazingly cool program. As far as the sweater, I wasn't quite prepared for this photo!!:lol:

Well thankfully they don't send you the same sweater in human-size! That would be frightening. But the (human-sized) scarf is very nice. (I'll try to remember to take a picture and post it.)

bah! after watching the sweaters coming from Jimmy Vallon and the Tonight Show: I'm all for "Ugly sweater by Maker's Mark!"
heck! add LED's and a display controller!

Top Bottom