What's new

Vintage Blade brushes.

I have five of the Vintage Blade Two band 24 mm brushes. For $40 dollars they represent IMO the greatest bargain in wet shaving equipment. They are comparable to my best brushes like Savile Row 3824, Shavemac customs, Simpson Chubby 1, and better than my Rooneys. Since Jim retired I was concerned about quality, but I bought two from the new owners and the are identical. Don't miss out on a rare bargain. :001_smile

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I like them too, and often recommend the 20mm for great quality on a budget. But FIVE? :001_rolle

I have one of the horn handled 24mm and like it a lot. As the OP says, it's a really nice brush for ~$40.00. Although I'm glad to learn the recent ones are the same, I'm curious to know if they come from Jim's older stock or if they are part of a new batch.

Thanks. I'll have a look at the website to see what is in stock.

Did that....

Thanks to the OP et al, quite a bunch of enablers, it doesn't take much! I had been eyeing those.

proxy.php

They are absolutely the best value in badger brushes.

24 MM in Horn for $43.98 shipped; the wait begins...

marty

Good luck Marty, that's the exact brush I bought. I think you might like their 'take' on horn, in my stable it's unique.

$20151028_133813.jpg$20151028_133833.jpg$20151028_134054.jpg$20151028_141248.jpg$20151028_141153.jpg

1st pic: unboxed but still wrapped in plastic
2nd pic: unwrapped
3rd: unbloomed w/ SOC 2 band on left and Chief on right
4th: soaked, semi-dryed, and bloomed
5th: bloomed

marty

I've been looking for a value level badger. I've been having problems with my WD. Considered TGN or Virginia Shen. I'm glad to see some current recommendations on the VBs. I just ordered the 22mm in faux horn.

So far, it feels a little firmer. The hair seems to stick to my skin while lathering-almost suction like. Interestingly, the hair is soft but not floppy and gentle on the skin while face lathering.

marty

Top Bottom