What's new

Sue Moore 2015 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, nice haul RJ.

Thanks, Derek. I needed more soap like I needed another hole in my head. I will be PIFing some of these over at the Shave Clinic, and will keep some for myself. It was all for Sue, so even my wife gave me a free pass this time.

Thank you! She is a beauty indeed!

I would also like to express my tremendous gratitude to the organizers of the auction, its donors, and Ken in particular! I feel privileged to be part of this community.

Kind regards,
Alex

Just got my Winnings in today. Many thanks to [MENTION=97883]Tommy Tutone[/MENTION] AKA Jerry for his kind donation. Because of some tangling in one of the brushes he added another. I really bid on this for the brushes (I have a soft spot for Beehive and Butterscotch), and everything else is just gravy. I now have more soaps and razors for Pif's. Thanks to Badger and Blade.
proxy.php

The Drawings I won in the auction came in a while ago along with an additional one that SiBurning (Steve) won and ask the donor to give to me also.
Thank you so much for the addition to group, Steve. :w00t:

Posting was delayed until I could reframe them to match and hang the collection in my shave den so as to do them full justice.

Here they are along with an old Eclipse Razor ad.

View attachment 613749 View attachment 613750

View attachment 613752 View attachment 613753

Wow they really look amazing together. And I thought my mom would be the only person with my work on her walls. Lol

Finally getting to this, after not having an internet connection for almost a week.
Here are the contents of Auction 148, and the donor added the Pre de Provence soap. True class act. And I know have a birth-year razor!

$IMG_20151107_114711.jpg

Here are the contents of auction 012. It was a Truefitt & Hill Comfort Gift Set. The fine people at T&H also added a boat load of shaving cream samples. Very nice!

$IMG_20151107_124308.jpg

And check the contents of auction 179. Notice some extra goodies (like the extra razor and soap)? Oh yeah!

$IMG_20151107_120905.jpg

$IMG_20151107_120928.jpg

$IMG_20151107_120959.jpg

If only you could be here to smell some of these soaps...:laugh:

Have you tried the razor yet? I bid on this one early, and was curious how it stacked up to other Techs.

No I haven't. I am currently participating in the Sandalwood Shaveoff, so I am staying with the same razor all week. Starting next Monday, however, it's another story.
With all the rockin' razors I got through this year's auction (thank you thank you thank you donors) I was having trouble deciding which one to try first. I am so looking forward to trying non-modern razors.
With your message, I think it will be this ball end tech. Thank you!

Last edited:
No I haven't. I am currently participating in the Sandalwood Shaveoff, so I am staying with the same razor all week. Starting next Monday, however, it's another story.
With all the rockin' razors I got through this year's auction (thank you thank you thank you donors) I was having trouble deciding which one to try first. I am so looking forward to trying non-modern razors.
With your message, I think it will be this ball end tech. Thank you!

Great! I look forward to your report. Do you have any other Techs in which to compare it to?

For two years I've been kicking myself for passing on the Chief when it was available. No more! (...and some very generous lagniappe, too!)

View attachment 611274

Thanks, Ken. And thanks to everyone who made the auction so amazing. Again.

Just like Price, I wished I had been able to get in on this brush when it was originally available. Faux Tortoise is my absolute favorite.

I bid on this brush aggressively, too aggressively for my comfort, because I had to have it. But in the end, Price was a bit more aggressive than I could keep up with and I had to bow out.

In the Sue Moore discussion thread, I joked about my dismay for having been outbid. Another generous member saw this and contacted me through PM. He offered to PIF me his brush (only used twice), if I made a contribution to the Campaign. I jumped on the chance!

I received my brush about a week ago, but this it the first chance I've had to get a good photo of it.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447423072.498786.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447423082.794217.jpg

I've used this brush a couple times, and it is amazing! Everything I could have expected and more! It is my absolute favorite brush, of any I have ever owned.

To the brush's donor, thank you so much!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
[MENTION=29515]TheVez2[/MENTION]

Fantastic! Congratulations on receiving your dream brush, and bravo to the donor! The generosity of those around here has yet to cease amazing me.

Great! I look forward to your report. Do you have any other Techs in which to compare it to?

I've now tried the Ball End Tech. My first vintage razor (so far, I've used either a Merkur 33C or an Edwin Jagger DE89BL).
The razor demanded respect and was more aggressive than what I am used to. I got a DFS from it, but at all times I was being careful with pressure.
A fine shave to be sure and my first time shaving with something older than me.

View attachment 616046

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom