What's new

Amazon lightning deal on merkur blades

for the next 3 1/2 hours the price for Merkur Double Edge Blades - 5 packs with 10 blades per pack (50 Blades total) is $24.99. i guess that is 35% off. i have not seen lightning deals on DE stuff before, it may be going even more mainstream.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Merkur blades are not very popular at Badger and Blade.

You have few posts. Buy something else.

oh i just got my 100 feather blades in today ;-)

Feather is one I haven't bought yet. I'm probably skipping the Merkur as they seem overpriced and I'm cheap. Feather I might go for just pretty well stocked up for now and trying to control my spending. Guess I need to search this site for opinions on feathers.

Feather is one I haven't bought yet. I'm probably skipping the Merkur as they seem overpriced and I'm cheap. Feather I might go for just pretty well stocked up for now and trying to control my spending. Guess I need to search this site for opinions on feathers.
I would just buy a single pack of feathers. Not a fan at the time. Tried a few of them when I first started out. Didn't keep them.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Merkur are excellent blades, but way too expensive, even at that price.

I saw that. Thanks for posting it. I wonder if it's because they may have a ton of stock but they are still expensive at that price. I don't care how many posts you have.

Amazon lightning deals are a bit deceptive on savings. In this example, the lightning deal price was $24.99, 35% off the list price of $38.50. However Amazon never seems to charge list so that's not an accurate reflection of the savings vs normal Amazon price. Right now the price is $31.25 or about 19% off list price. A bit high for me but seems to still be a pretty good price for those blades, just sayin it's a stretch to say it was 35% off.

I can use almost any blades...Dorcos, Derby, 7AM, all are fine, but Merkur blades are right up there with Rimei and Flying Eagles insofar as roughness, raggedness, and just straight out bad. I know this site is all about YMMV but it is just amazing that some people actually like them, and inconceivable that people will pay such a steep premium. If Merkurs were all there were, I'd grow a beard.

Top Bottom