What's new

Short notice question!

Hey, I have a question and I really need it answered by tomorrow XD... I'm considering trying to dress up my uniform (a required shirt) with a sport coat... I'm considering nice jeans, the shirt (a tan dress shirt... I'm not sure I have a tie to go with it or not) and a navy coat... Any ideas on this look?

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
You're wearing jeans to go to church? This is something new to me. I'd wear a plain navy colored tie.

I run sound tech for my children's ministry... Our uniform shirts are fairly informal.. (It's a thicker less formal material with our logo on the breast, or a nike polo with the logo... I have both) and I don't want to wear te polo so yeah...

I may be the last guy to listen to, but I think the look sounds good. Only caution might be if the shade of jean and coat are too close, but even then I think it is okay. I might prefer to wear a tweed jacket, but I think your suggestion will look just as nice.

Go for it.

+1 on the tweed jacket. Tweed and denim jeans work well together. If you've got a jacket with elbow patches, so much the better.

If you normally don't wear a tie with this shirt, then there's no need to wear one now.
If you do normally wear a tie, you already know which ones go with that shirt.

You'll know in short order if the new look "fit's in" ... if it doesn't, just take off the sport coat.

I'd be a little concerned about the navy/jeans being too close in color, but if you really want to try it then go ahead. The only thing I'm not clear on is the idea of the required shirt, then the mention of a an shirt. Is the tan shirt the required shirt?

AND......I just realized this thread is almost a week old. So, how'd it go? :)

Go for it.

+1 on the tweed jacket. Tweed and denim jeans work well together. If you've got a jacket with elbow patches, so much the better.

If you normally don't wear a tie with this shirt, then there's no need to wear one now.
If you do normally wear a tie, you already know which ones go with that shirt.

You'll know in short order if the new look "fit's in" ... if it doesn't, just take off the sport coat.

+1. Tweed (especially brown herringbone, if you have one) jacket and denim should work well IMO.

I'd be a little concerned about the navy/jeans being too close in color, but if you really want to try it then go ahead. The only thing I'm not clear on is the idea of the required shirt, then the mention of a an shirt. Is the tan shirt the required shirt?

AND......I just realized this thread is almost a week old. So, how'd it go? :)

I tried it and my only sport coat still looked a bit too "dressy" for the jeans+cotton blend button down so I didn't wear it... However I was the only one wearing it tucked int and with a proper leather belt and my fancy snake skin boots

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I tried it and my only sport coat still looked a bit too "dressy" for the jeans+cotton blend button down so I didn't wear it... However I was the only one wearing it tucked int and with a proper leather belt and my fancy snake skin boots

Well done ... a bit of effort is all it takes to be the best dressed guy in the room! (The boots sound nice too.)

Thank... They're much nicer boots than I ever thought id have, but one fateful vacation to pigeon forge and the buy 1 get 2 free boot outlet, and my dad and I have matching real python boots plus I got a cheaper (but still pretty nice) black pair too lol.

Top Bottom