What's new

Vetiver Shave soap

Creed's vetiver soap is nice, altho their GIT is by far my favorite of their shave soaps.

proxy.php

I also love the Cyril Salter... one thing I have found over the long term is that it does tend to dry out a bit quickly, so make sure you order it when you don't have a bunch of other stuff in your rotation. Great fragrance and thick creamy lather.

Strange ....i kept mine for over 4 years....did not dry out at all...

tam

I enjoy both Mike's Vetiver and B&M Vetyver Santal, two excellent soaps. Another vetiver soap, which happens to be one of my all time favorite soaps (but maybe a bit too different from what the OP wanted?), is Dapper Dragon's Black Dragon, a soap based in vetiver but accentuated with anise and orange.

Thanks all.

Managed to find a soap located in the UK.

Tim's Soap - roots. Vetiver and sweet citrus. Sounds Just what I'm after!

I have labelle sweet vetiver,which happens to be a more "vetiver-y" terre d'hermes.I recommend this but they also offer a standard vetiver soap that should be a simpler scent(if that makes sense).
Btw i had the salter cream but it was soooo smokey,that sometimes i was wondering if i really like vetiver scents!

Last edited:
Don't get the Cyril Salter version unless you like smoke. It's VERY smoky. Smells like a swamp fire. I didn't care for it at all.

YMMV. I like earthy vetivers, floral vetivers, and green vetivers, but I don't like smoky vetivers. Cyril Salter's French Vetiver is the ultimate in smoky.

Don't get the Cyril Salter version unless you like smoke. It's VERY smoky. Smells like a swamp fire. I didn't care for it at all.

YMMV. I like earthy vetivers, floral vetivers, and green vetivers, but I don't like smoky vetivers. Cyril Salter's French Vetiver is the ultimate in smoky.

They say that Cyril Salter's French Vetiver separates those who love vetiver, from those who think they love vetiver :wink2:

Gah, I thought i had picked up a bargain and instantly purchased a puck of creed vetiver shave soap. Turns out it was only bath soap so quickly cancelled the order.

Ive seen a couple of threads that are old so thought I would resurrect it.

Ive got all my soaps matching aftershave and EDT like Aventus (stirling) ,YSL Rive Gaunce (phoenix), GIT (sterling) etc

The only one I am missing is Vetiver, which just so happens to be my favourite scent!

Ive seen a couple of vetiver soaps, but they are all rose with vetiver or bergamont with vetiver etc

Any vetiver lovers care to share any soaps they use?

I am a big fan of the Vetiver shave soap made by Queen Charlotte's Soap Co.,

Tim

Top Bottom