What's new

Vetiver Shave soap

Gah, I thought i had picked up a bargain and instantly purchased a puck of creed vetiver shave soap. Turns out it was only bath soap so quickly cancelled the order.

Ive seen a couple of threads that are old so thought I would resurrect it.

Ive got all my soaps matching aftershave and EDT like Aventus (stirling) ,YSL Rive Gaunce (phoenix), GIT (sterling) etc

The only one I am missing is Vetiver, which just so happens to be my favourite scent!

Ive seen a couple of vetiver soaps, but they are all rose with vetiver or bergamont with vetiver etc

Any vetiver lovers care to share any soaps they use?

Czech & speake 88 is nice. Expensive, but an exceptional performer and strong Vetiver base.

Mikes Natural has a nice vetiver version that also performs well.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I'll check these out.

If I've no luck, I might just bite the bullet on a Creed soap. They seem to last a long time as ice read. My fat has lasted 2 years so far and doesn't seem to have gotten any smaller!

I use the Creed Vetiver, and I cannot fault the quality of the soap. Great scent, lather, and slickness - on par with most of the higher end soaps I've used, including MdC, Santa Novella, and Pannacrema. I could not care less about the pine wood bowl, and I have not had any issues with it to be honest. The original Santal is another great performer as well. Well worth it IMHO.

I might treat the bowl, give it some stain, a finish and protection from water when I pounce on a puck . it looks to be untreated pine anyway.

I think the untreated pine gives it a raw quality that I find somewhat appealing, but YMMV. Probably to do with the contrast between fresh smelling vetiver and raw untreated wood. They just go well together. :)

Cyril Salter French Vetiver, perso I like it ...but is "smoky" ...a great Cream
IMHO Cyril Salter creams are underrated ....

tam

I also love the Cyril Salter... one thing I have found over the long term is that it does tend to dry out a bit quickly, so make sure you order it when you don't have a bunch of other stuff in your rotation. Great fragrance and thick creamy lather.

Top Bottom