What's new

The Sandalwood Shaveoff: signup

Good day, Gentlemen. It is with great pleasure, that I announce the signup for The 3T's Sandalwood Shaveoff. The Shaveoff will be a co-operative user review and discussion of several popular Sandalwood shaving creams.

We're looking for 20 volunteers who have never tried all 3 Sandalwood creams from the 3T's.
We have been promised complimentary tubes and tubs from Truefitt&Hill and Taylor of Old Bond Street. G. F. Trumper is considering my request.

This is a B&B sponsored event. The rules are simple. By signing up, you agree to the following:

1. Abide by B&B's TOU. http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Terms_Of_Usage. We expect gentlemanly behavior from every participant.

2. You must have at least 45 days of membership at Badger&Blade, and at least 50 quality posts.

3. We'll be using one cream exclusively for a week. The next week, we'll switch brands. The fourth week we'll hash out the pro's and con's of each cream. If you can't promise at least 4 shaves and reviews per week, then this event may not be for you.

4. An open mind is required. We're not looking for fanboy applicants. We want honest discussion.

5. When posting your reviews, please include the hardware you were using. Let us know about your lathering technique. Any extraneous info will be appreciated. Pictures will earn you bonus points!

6. Cover your own shipping expenses. I can't afford to ship 20, one pound(estimated) boxes. My US postal code is 59102, you can figure out how you'd like it shipped. I will be using PayPal to bill for the exact shipping, once I have the box weight determined. This also opens the event to any non-CONUS members that would like to participate.

7. Enjoy your shaves!

8. A PayPal account and an email address are required. I will not use your personal information for anything but this event.

Please consider the time and responsibility required to participate!

Last edited:
Participants:

1. jzuzphreek(Jessy)

I'm definitely in!

Participants:

1. jzuzphreek(Jessy)
2. horvy

Participants:

1. jzuzphreek(Jessy)
2. horvy
3. global_dev

Dane, thanks for signing me up.

Will we be trying to minimize variables in some way? Or will it be individualized as we see fit? Are there going to be certain characteristics to address
, I'd like to start thinking through things I don't normally think about.

I would definitely jump in on this. Always been a pretty much soap only guy, and I love sandalwood.
Participants:

1. jzuzphreek(Jessy)
2. horvy
3. global_dev
4. JaredB

Dane, thanks for signing me up.

Will we be trying to minimize variables in some way? Or will it be individualized as we see fit? Are there going to be certain characteristics to address
, I'd like to start thinking through things I don't normally think about.
I'd love to hear about any variables(I'm a sucker for pics), but more than anything, I want a good, solid discussion of the properties of each cream. Use the creams as you see fit. We'll discuss the pros and cons of the creams during the last week of the event.

I'd love to get in on this.

Participants:

1. jzuzphreek(Jessy)
2. horvy
3. global_dev
4. JaredB
5. Hydro-magic

I would love to get in on this. I have used mostly soaps from the 3T's.

Participants:

1. jzuzphreek(Jessy)
2. horvy
3. global_dev
4. JaredB
5. Hydro-magic
6. Pepin

Please read the rules!

Participants:

1. jzuzphreek(Jessy)
2. horvy
3. global_dev
4. JaredB
5. Hydro-magic
6. Pepin

Reserve:
1. parastang

Just to clarify that I read the rules -- I've tried Proraso red tube and AOS sandalwood but never any flavor from the 3T's -- Now I'm glad I put off trying them :)

Just looking through my stash and I realized I own nothing from any of the three Ts. Surprising, I know I traded a mr. Taylor once as the scent was not for me. This is gonna be fun. Thanks for throwing this together.

When do you anticipate the event going down? In October or November ?

Last edited:
I'm in! I've never used any 3t creams, and the only Sandalwood to day has been a puck of AOS new formula.

Top Bottom