What's new

What is Your Most Aggressive Razor?

I got to try the vision thanks

You are one seriously brave man!.Hope you have a seriously steady hand,great prep,plenty of experience,and plenty of patience!,you REALLY don't want to rush things with the Vision/Feather on max combo.....We are talking 1 1/2 pass BBS,but it does take a while,unless you want to donate your facial skin to a charity that is...

My most aggressive DE is also a 2011 R41, and yes, I chased it down specifically because it was aggressive. My goto aggressive razor is a shimmed Fatip - beautifully efficient and smooth.

On the SE front, it my Ever-Ready 1924 "Shovelhead", which I also find to be a very smooth shaver.

Vision 2000 turned all the way up to max,totally brutal,nothing I own comes anywhere near it (various Olds,News,Fatip piccolo,USA ABC,Canadian,Pocket Editions,R41 2013,all Gillette adjustable's on 9,ATT R2).The Vision is a totally blade on skin experience.For those that have one,try it with a fresh Feather,and see what I am on about.

Thanx for the invitation, but I'll pass on that.

I would think the question on the most aggressive razor would exclude adjustable razors, because we can assume all adjustable razors are hyper-aggressive on their highest settings.

The spirit of the question, I would think, would be about regular razors which do vary in aggressiveness, because of their engineering and design.

My 1918 Gillette Single Ring. I'm always cautious about using that one as I haven't fully learned all of her secrets as of yet.

+1. My single ring is a blood thirsty beast, especially when I tried using with old Gillette barrow shape blades. Definitely not the razor I choose to use when I'm in a hurry.

Definitely my Fatip Grande, use it less now. My Single Ring and Pocket Edition are my dailies now as they are 2nd in aggression without irritation.

Currently my Muhle R41, love that razor. I did just receive the Fatip Grande that I ordered at the end of September,looking forward to trying it. I will probably pick up an iKon Spacecraft Tech in the future.

A Super Adjustable Gillette on 9 is pretty aggressive if not handled with care, Although I have not tried all variants of them, the Gillette Old Type can be aggressive if used sloppy. A Single Ring Gillette doesn't seem very aggressive to me, but it is much more efficient than many other razors. The MicroMatic Open Comb SE is called aggressive by many, but I haven't found it to be too bad. In my book the Gillette Adjustable on 9 tends to bite quicker than my MMOC. YMMV, and I do mean that!:thumbup:

Right now I'm debating on wether to buy an R41 but they only have the 2013 version.

You could get the 2013 head from Connaught Shaving ($22.13 delivered American) and one of Aimsport's two "2011 making" caps ($20 and change, I believe)...and you'd have both the 2013 and the 2011 experience available.

Top Bottom