What's new

Narutaki Jnat

Hi guys im intrested if someone have used a so called Narutaki jnats - old new stack boxed stones a 1 - to 2 sm thick hones with a red label in front
You have any idea how those stones perform from personal experience or see one
im very intrested of buyng one or 2 now

Narutaki was a quarry/mine, and it's also an area surrounding Kyoto.
A stone 'branded' as such could be either - and neither meaning would allude to it's performance.
Even if someone had a stone that came off the same sellers table, with the same box and label - that would not mean it was the same as the one you're looking to buy.

Not that it matters - but, by any chance are you referring to stones from Imanishi?

Is Imanishi the man who goes by 330mate online? I'm so bad with names, especially Russian and Japanese ones.

If so, and if you're talking about his $25 razor hones.

They are FUN stones, worth the $25. I got three. All were usable. Two were decent midrange. One was AWESOME midrange. The fastest natural I've ever used in that range (was an extremely soft karasu with su, about 4-5k JIS quality finish, could use EASILY off a 1.2k DMT). None were fine enough for ME to shave comfortably off of. But I really, really wish I'd kept the Karasu. I'd probably use that stone almost as much as I use my 8k DMT (which I use 99% of the time these days). I occasionally think about buying more just for the fun of learning them (I would if I had more time, that's what prevents me, not money). For the cost of a small bar tab I get a fun little, often beautiful, stone to play with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom