What's new

Setting the Mood

Do you ever set the 'mood' in the shave den? Lately I've taken to sprinkling the bath mat in my 'den' with Clubman Talc. Not only for the benefit of my feet as I step from the shower, but also so the whole den takes on the familiar scent of a barbershop as I shave...

Do you ever set the 'mood' in the shave den?

Sure do! I have a bluetooth speaker that I bought for the shave den, and I typically stream either the old Crooners (Sinatra, Dean, etc), or jazz of some kind. Always something classy and classic to help me enjoy the classic ritual. Not only is it relaxing, it's timeless -- just like the way we shave.

Do you ever set the 'mood' in the shave den? Lately I've taken to sprinkling the bath mat in my 'den' with Clubman Talc. Not only for the benefit of my feet as I step from the shower, but also so the whole den takes on the familiar scent of a barbershop as I shave...

I love this idea! I'll try it.

Sure do! I have a bluetooth speaker that I bought for the shave den, and I typically stream either the old Crooners (Sinatra, Dean, etc), or jazz of some kind.

In my case I'd have to break out an AM radio, and put on a baseball game...

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Gregorian Chant and Frankincense is preferred, but usually, it's screaming kids and lingering hairspray.

Only after being forced to share "the den" with SWMBO on weekends have I come to realize...the only thing I desire is that I have MY TIME alone.

No, I don't want to talk! (What is it about THIS particular moment that makes me look like I have something to say?) Nope, don't want to step aside so you can get into that cabinet. I have no idea what I want to do today, OTHER THAN SHAVE IN PEACE. (If SWMBO is asking what I want to do it's a trick)

I like to play Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Perry Como, etc when I shave also. It helps me to feel like I'm part of a time that I always feel like I was meant to live i, but missed.

Sure do! I have a bluetooth speaker that I bought for the shave den, and I typically stream either the old Crooners (Sinatra, Dean, etc), or jazz of some kind. Always something classy and classic to help me enjoy the classic ritual. Not only is it relaxing, it's timeless -- just like the way we shave.

Excellent concept! :thumbup:

love this idea, I'll be doing that in the morning!

Nice! I'd set up some Sinatra if I had my own place lol. Too many people around to play music in the bathroom. I just have the hot water tap and the exhaust fan in the bathroom running while I shave.

Top Bottom