What's new

The 10 Best All-You-Can-Eat Buffets in America

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
First time I went to Vegas I ended up intoxicated and alone sometime during the night. I don't even know what time it was or how it happened but I decided to go to the MGM for the buffet. I stood in line for what seemed like an hour and paid $30.

I was so overwhelmed with the amount of food in front of me I went with what I knew. 3 tacos and some rice. For $30.

I cannot speak for the US, but out in Asia, all the major hotels in places like here, Bangkok, HK do amazing buffets and in particular the "Champagne Sunday Brunch". It is not cheap - here it usually starts around USD120 but you get three hours of unlimited troughing, and the fizz is limitless. I don't go that often these days, maybe twice a year, but it's worth a look if you are ever here.

The quality and freshness of the seafood and sushi/sashimi, oysters flown in from France - everyone goes straight for them and as a non-pescatorian diner I am free to attack the meat options...

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I cannot speak for the US, but out in Asia, all the major hotels in places like here, Bangkok, HK do amazing buffets and in particular the "Champagne Sunday Brunch". It is not cheap - here it usually starts around USD120 but you get three hours of unlimited troughing, and the fizz is limitless. I don't go that often these days, maybe twice a year, but it's worth a look if you are ever here.

The quality and freshness of the seafood and sushi/sashimi, oysters flown in from France - everyone goes straight for them and as a non-pescatorian diner I am free to attack the meat options...

For $120, it had better be fantastic!

For $120, it had better be fantastic!
I would be fine with spending good money on a high-quality buffet, maybe not $120 but I'm planning on checking out the Bellagio buffet the next time I'm in Vegas which I think can run somewhere close to $60. If the food is high quality I think its worth it to be able to check out a number of different items rather than having to order them individually off an a la carte menu.

And although its not buffet, Salt Lick outside of Austin is pretty damn good for AYCE bbq, and with BYOB to boot!

Some of the best food I've EVER had, was at various Mom'n Pop bar-b-que places in the South. Almost all of them buffets. Turn your nose up if you want, but I've had $50+ each meals that I haven't enjoyed nearly as much as bar-b-que from Little Pigs. Or Duke's. Or Maurice's. Or Ray Levers. Or Hammy's. All for around $10-12 a head.

Beerman

Way back when I was in college, I had a couple of fraternity brothers that would occasionally go to a restaurant that had an all you could eat buffet on Sundays. They treated it like ancient Rome; eat until you burst, go to the men's room and barf it up, then go back for more. After they did that about a dozen times, the restaurant stopped serving that way. Watching that event and fighting my way through buffets at social events like weddings, I avoid them like the plague. If I have to attend an event that has a buffet, I end up eating very little. I will never pay for one.

There's a place in Schulenberg, Texas called the Oakridge Smokehouse that has a good buffet. It's not high end dining, but the prices aren't bad and the food is usually very good. It's worth a stop if you're in the area.

If you think buffets are nasty... well, it depends on the employees like any other business to keep it clean. If people knew half of what goes on in restaurants and fast food places you'd likely never be able to eat there again. Everything from not washing hands, to serving food that has been dropped on the floor, to deliberately messing with orders, and the list goes on...

Last edited:
Top Bottom