What's new

Whipped dog brush love!

After using mine (24mm) several more times, I could easily see getting a smaller 20mm as a travel brush.

My one "criticism" is very superficial: the knot is not symmetrical. It has no effect on use, of course, but from some angles the knot looks tilted. Don't know if this is common or not.

Ordered my dad and brother both a 24mm synthetic WD (blue and butterscotch) for xmas. I hope they love them as much as I love mine

As a boar guy with no badgers in the house, I thought I would try a WD Synthetic. I have recently moved to smaller knots and I must say I am extremely happy with my 22mm synthetic! I will probably order another one perhaps in 24mm because this habit (ahem I mean HOBBY) requires that you have at least 5 of everything!!!

As a boar guy with no badgers in the house, I thought I would try a WD Synthetic. I have recently moved to smaller knots and I must say I am extremely happy with my 22mm synthetic! I will probably order another one perhaps in 24mm because this habit (ahem I mean HOBBY) requires that you have at least 5 of everything!!!

That's the spirit!!!!

marty

I'm in the 2015 annual restraint, but I was able to work a trade on a WD 24mm brush! I'm looking forward to trying it out and seeing how it compares to my Plisson that I've been using daily since February 2, 2015.

I'm in the 2015 annual restraint, but I was able to work a trade on a WD 24mm brush! I'm looking forward to trying it out and seeing how it compares to my Plisson that I've been using daily since February 2, 2015.

I'll be interested in your report. I've used my Plisson synthetic almost every day since I got it several months ago.

Anyone else want to report on the differences between the Plisson and a WD 22mm or 24mm? I bowl lather exclusively.

I'll be interested in your report. I've used my Plisson synthetic almost every day since I got it several months ago.

Anyone else want to report on the differences between the Plisson and a WD 22mm or 24mm? I bowl lather exclusively.

I touched on it in a few other places, but I'll recap here. I found the new WD 24mm knot to be plenty soft and worked up a good lather. My only gripe was with how hard it is to splay. I had to take a sneak approach coming in at an angle from the jaw line, and then it took constant pressure on the face to keep it splayed. I much prefer my Plisson Acetate Burgundy.

I touched on it in a few other places, but I'll recap here. I found the new WD 24mm knot to be plenty soft and worked up a good lather. My only gripe was with how hard it is to splay. I had to take a sneak approach coming in at an angle from the jaw line, and then it took constant pressure on the face to keep it splayed. I much prefer my Plisson Acetate Burgundy.

As a bowl latherer, the splay issue may not matter much to me. I use the brush as a paintbrush on my face. Thanks for the quick and helpful reply!

Looking forward to getting my WD 22mm. I think that's the current size of my Parker synthetic which I love. I find the Plisson too floppy so I'm glad it's not going to be as floppy as that. I need that backbone to really get going with soaps.

Been using my new HM from WD for a week now. Liking it a lot. I like it more than my Satin Tip black, which will now be my travel brush most likely. $image.jpg
Sorry it's sideways.

Regards

Top Bottom