What's new

Whipped dog brush love!

So I finally got tired of my omega boar being a lather hog and giving me just over 1 pass worth of lather, thus I did some looking around and decided to talk to Larry at WD and he got me set up with a 24mm Synth brush. My first reaction was oooo such a nice feeling knot with a hefty and very comfortable handle! I then decided even though I didn't need a shave I was going to lather up and give this beauty a test run. I AM DISGUSTED with myself.... I cannot believe I waited so long to buy this brush and I honestly for the first time see why people have more than one brush as I can't wait to order another one for me and for my Stepdad! Doing the same thing with my Arko as I was with the omega I lathered my face up 4 times and probably could have gone a few more times. I also really liked the feel of the brush on my face as I worked it in but that is probably more of a YMMV thing. Anyways I really really enjoyed this brush and for the price I would definitely recommend anyone considering a new brush at least have a look at Larry's offerings!!!

The WD synthetic is a great value and a great brush. It was one of my favorites in a recent synthetic brush comparison I did.

The WD synthetic is a super deal in brushes. I too have one and love it. they make lather so easy.

$WD_MWF.jpg

So I finally got tired of my omega boar being a lather hog and giving me just over 1 pass worth of lather, thus I did some looking around and decided to talk to Larry at WD and he got me set up with a 24mm Synth brush. My first reaction was oooo such a nice feeling knot with a hefty and very comfortable handle! I then decided even though I didn't need a shave I was going to lather up and give this beauty a test run. I AM DISGUSTED with myself.... I cannot believe I waited so long to buy this brush and I honestly for the first time see why people have more than one brush as I can't wait to order another one for me and for my Stepdad! Doing the same thing with my Arko as I was with the omega I lathered my face up 4 times and probably could have gone a few more times. I also really liked the feel of the brush on my face as I worked it in but that is probably more of a YMMV thing. Anyways I really really enjoyed this brush and for the price I would definitely recommend anyone considering a new brush at least have a look at Larry's offerings!!!

Got one coming - 24mm synth in Burgundy :lol:

I emailed WD earlier about purchasing one for myself. I am thinking 24mm synthetic. I really have no clue about size, but it seems to be the 'standard'?

i got the 30mm Synthetic. hell of a beast. creates tons of lather very easy. plenty of backbone but very soft in the tips. i would order it again and recommend it anytime.

I emailed WD earlier about purchasing one for myself. I am thinking 24mm synthetic. I really have no clue about size, but it seems to be the 'standard'?

I would stick to the standard lofts for the Whipped Dog synthetics unless you like a very firm brush.

You should be happy with either a 22 or 24mm knot. I would not recommend the 30mm unless you're sure you like huge knots.

Used my WD 24mm synthetic tonight for the first time. I did enjoy the brush very much. Great lather with LPL, more backbone than a Plisson, less than my Muhle STF XL.

Cost to performance ratio is high. Easy recommendation.

Once again Goldilocks and the Three Bears is a parable for life. The Muhle synthetic knot is so stiff it cannot splay. The popular Plisson is soft and mushy. The Whipped Dog is just right. Dense with just enough backbone to create a natural splay. Soft tips. My favorite synthetic.

Cheers

Well I was going to wait for the Stirling( I will still get it)...., this thread convinced me to place an order.

Is it bad that I am super excited for you? After his brush I decided to try one of his sight unseen razors now I'm stuck waiting on snail mail again

Used my WD 24mm synthetic tonight for the first time. I did enjoy the brush very much. Great lather with LPL, more backbone than a Plisson, less than my Muhle STF XL.

I also own the 3 brushes you mentioned. I am curious on your opinion on how WD compares to the Muhle STF XL? Do you find they produce lather about the same? Anyone that owns these 2 brushes, WD & Muhle XL, feel free to join in.

I also own the 3 brushes you mentioned. I am curious on your opinion on how WD compares to the Muhle STF XL? Do you find they produce lather about the same? Anyone that owns these 2 brushes, WD & Muhle XL, feel free to join in.

The 24mm whipped dog is slightly less dense and slightly less backbone with a smaller face feel than the muhle xl but that is the exact reason I like it better. The XL is too big. Whipped dog is a better size and backbone.

I like my $24 WD 24mm Synthetic better than any of my $100+ badgers.

I like my whipped dog better than my duke 3!

Top Bottom