What's new

Angel Men Pure Leather For Men by Thierry Mugler

Just picked up a bottle as a blind buy on Fragrance.net. Wanted to try something new for my Fall/Winter rotation.

Anybody try this frag before?

$26137061-3874.jpg

Thierry Mugler's colognes almost always smell the same to me. Overly sweet with a strong scent that carries across the line. The signature scent for which each is named is almost always muted under the strong scent. I've got Pure Leather and Pure Malt. I'll take a sniff when I get home to try and describe it more fully.

Thierry Mugler's colognes almost always smell the same to me. Overly sweet with a strong scent that carries across the line. The signature scent for which each is named is almost always muted under the strong scent. I've got Pure Leather and Pure Malt. I'll take a sniff when I get home to try and describe it more fully.

Yes, there's something in the A*men DNA that makes them all very similar, yet different. The same DNA floats in Lolita Lempicka as well, with a licorice note.

So I wore it today. Good longevity, but again, it is essentially Angel for Men (read icky sweet) with a hint of leather. It is however a very nice leather note, smooth and not at all overwhelming.

I finally able to try it out this week and here are my impressions-

- When I first put it on, I get a big chocolate and leather scent with just a hint of spices. It's kind of loud but not bad.

- Once it dries down you get a slightly sweet yet leathery scent (hence the name I guess). Very sophisticated, yet not stuffy. Reminds me a lot John Vavartos Vintage for some reason.

- Scent Lasted about 5-6 hours which is pretty good imo.

For the $50 I paid I think this a pretty good scent. If you like JV Vintage or a Burberry London type scent I think you'll be right at home with A*Man Pure Leather. I can see myself definitely wearing it out this Fall on the weekends. But not a frag I would wear at the office (imo it's slightly too loud for that setting).

Last edited:
okay so i own the whole tm flanker line. i can tell you 100% for sure... leather is basically a lighter scented amen. not much more. there is a very light and short leather scent. for those expecting a robust and long leather you will be disappointed. after a short while (again i own the full line of all the flankers) this becomes basically a clone of amen just less robust. leather is more harsh in the opening and has a bit less silage for me the normal amen. they have this for around 32$ if you look and are clearing them out.

Pure Leather does smell a lot like A*men - but one wouldn't call it a loud chocolate and tar scent.
I think Pure Leather is more wearable.
Regards,
Renato

Top Bottom