What's new

I May Have Cured My SSAD

I just got the Latha Limon and it's a very simple but very nice fresh lemon scent. I haven't lathered it yet so I don't want to describe the scent too much, but the scent is very different than other B&M scents which are usually quite complex. I'm a big citrus fan and I'm thrilled to see this added to the B&M lineup

This one is on my to buy list ... I love citrus scents

Just a quick note for David up the thread. Nocturne may not available anymore. It's not currently available and it's not listed on the rotation of seasonal scents. The release schedule also says that they will not be releasing any new seasonal rotation scents for the foreseeable future. I don't know if that statement includes "old" seasonal scents that aren't currently in rotation, but I don't know that I'd hold my breath. It seems that Will is not sentimental about maintaining all of his old products. (I'm not saying that he necessarily should be.)

I'm trying to remember what Will has said, but if it's not listed on the production schedule, it's not coming back. He said they discontinued Nocturne because too many complained of the smoke that was included in the soap. I had a puck of it, since traded away, and I just didn't enjoy it like I thought I would.

I also know he's said that they're streamlining production and eliminating some (Roam and Lime, Lavender and Cedarwood come to mind) soaps. I know last year he did Hallows but I don't know about this year.

YMMV, but I do not care for Barrister & Mann soaps. I bought two of them recently based on all the glowing reviews here, and I wanted to try one of the limited edition scents. I found it to be quite, average, and very lacking in slickness for my tastes.

But everyone is different, and we all have different tastes and techniques. We all find our own niche in this little wet shaver paradise, and I'm glad you found yours!

can't wait to try the lather sandalwood. I could def live a happy life buying only B&M and Mikes saps for the rest of my life

Hallows is on their release schedule for October. I wish I liked their soap, because I really wanted to try that one.

The YMMV is strong here on B&B. Ha, I was just saying on another thread that I did not care for Mike's soaps despite their glowing reviews. I think that is why SSAD gets so bad, you hear so many good things about so many soaps you just want to try them all. I will probably pick up a jar of Hallows though, you can live vicariously through me.

B&M is certainly among my favorites, I have Lime, Lavender, and Cedarwood, Roam, and both Fougere scents. It is wonderful stuff! There aren't many soaps I keep around in such quantity. The price is a little expensive but so worth it.

YMMV, but I do not care for Barrister & Mann soaps. I bought two of them recently based on all the glowing reviews here, and I wanted to try one of the limited edition scents. I found it to be quite, average, and very lacking in slickness for my tastes.

But everyone is different, and we all have different tastes and techniques. We all find our own niche in this little wet shaver paradise, and I'm glad you found yours!

I would like to know what soaps you consider to be superior. Not meaning to sound negative at all, but if someone knows of a soap that's head and shoulders better than B&M for them, then I'd like to check it out!

A cure for SSAD?... No,no,no, you're only in a temporary remission. In time the condition will reassert itself... :)

It has with me, though I work hard at controlling it. As for the herpes analogy...I prefer to think of it as a recurrent shoulder ache that's temporarily abated with ibuprofen. But that's just me.

I would like to know what soaps you consider to be superior. Not meaning to sound negative at all, but if someone knows of a soap that's head and shoulders better than B&M for them, then I'd like to check it out!

Pannacrema Nuavia is head and shoulders better, in my opinion.

I think Mystic Waters, Cold River Select , Mikes and Tiki are slightly better. Mystic Waters can be harder to lather for some, however (so I hear :))

I have been a wet shaver for over 50 yrs and still have SSAD. I don't think it is terminal but, there have been times when mw SWMBO has given me "those" looks that kind of scare me a little. My little stash numbers over one hundred.

When I smell Leviathan I get more vanilla, leather, coffee and chocolate than I do sandalwood ... I'm not good with describing scents, but to me, Leviathan is like curling up on a cozy, well loved leather sofa or recliner with a good book and a cup of coffee on a fall day with the windows open and a breeze coming through the house. It's warm and inviting and gentle. It's a wonderful soap and would be the one I chose if I was forced to choose just one B&M for the rest of my life.

You just described, in perfect detail, my absolute favorite kind of day. So, I guess I will be trying the B&M Leviathan. :)

I've got both Rhapsody and Dickens from B&M. Although they aren't my favorites I do enjoy them. I can't believe how great their aftershave is though. I think you've finally found your unicorn, that mythical soap we are all in search of that combines the best shave with scent, price, etc. lucky for you that you've found it so fast. Your perfect soap doesn't have to be the most expensive or most popular. The best soap in the world is the one that works best for you. Your skin type your equipment your nose and the half a dozen other variables that can lead to a great shave or a miserable one. Congratulations to you sir.

For me, it's Mystic Water. Michelle's soaps are head and shoulders above all others, on my opinion. But different soaps work better for different folks, do you just need to try some different types for yourself and see what works for you.

Top Bottom