What's new

Here's a video of how a totally blind person uses a straight

Awesome... When I first started I used to close my eyes sometimes so I could just focus on the steel feels on my face and how the razor feels as I'm holding it...

As for you sir, I have a great and deep admiration for you... I'm good friends with masterchef winner Christine ha. Personally knowing her as she went with the struggle of loosing her sight due to NMO is very inspiring... As are you sir!

It really is easy as long as you don't do something stupid! And, the shave community has been really supportive in every single in-person and online interaction I've had. There's nothing quite like it. Send my regard's to MasterChef Christine... and, I had an idea; the next video will be outside, involve eye-patches, and possibly a 7/8 blade!

Zack...your technique looks awesome! You do a great job stretching out your skin. The short strokes are fine...I have seen professional Japanese barbers use very short strokes just like you! The pressure/angle will come with practice. I had a hard time with pressure until I pictured in my mind just wiping the shaving cream of my face with the blade. This forum is great for information and support from others who are willing to take a very sharp piece of steel to their faces. Keep up the good work!!

Top Bottom