What's new

Boker 5/8' Arbolito Straight Razor Packaging Question

Is this the right box?

I'm a complete newbie to straight razor shaving. Thought I would jump in with both feet and bought a Boker Arbolito. The product description says that it comes with "historical packaging." I was curious to see what that meant. Turns out it's essentially a black, paper box with "Boker Manufaktur Solingen Rasiermesser" and the Boker website embossed in gold lettering.

Really? Doesn't seem terribly "historical" to me. Both my Kent brush and Feather razor came in much nicer packaging.

Does anyone know?

I thought I would ask here first before I contact the dealer.

Yup that's pretty much the classic packaging which was used for straight razors in the old days. The razor itself should be much more important than the packaging to be honest.

But I agree, it does sound like some clever marketing to make it sound better than it is.

Thanks.

Frankly, I didn't really care how they packaged the razor as long as it arrived safely. But I was surprised to see the "historical packaging" was just a paper box. Makes me wonder what they use to package their other razors, maybe a toilet paper roll, lol?

In any case, the box goes into the drawer, likely to never be used again.

Boxes are only important if you have an extremely collectible razor. Enjoy that Boker, it's a sweet razor.

Top Bottom