What's new

What is wrong with my Gillette?

thread_starter1.gif

I had a Fatboy that I tried to recrimp the washer/nut inside the handle. I couldn't get it to stick:mad2:

Last edited:
I had a Fatboy that I tried to recrimp the washer/nut inside the handle. I couldn't get it to stick:mad2:

You might need to crimp it a little bit outside of the handle then fully crimp it again once on the shaft. Might just have gotten too loose coming off the shaft. Can't say for sure but might be worth a try. Also, on the shaft of the butterfly door part (at least on the slim I did) there is the shaft then a circle ball piece on the end. Make sure when you go to crimp it down it is past that ball part. Hope that helps.

What were the internals like when you got it apart?,full of crud?,or clean?,well done in stripping it BTW,I went to do mine months ago,but none of my rather large selection of sockets seem to fit perfectly,they either didn't fit at all,or rested on the 'outer' ring...

Last edited:

You might need to crimp it a little bit outside of the handle then fully crimp it again once on the shaft. Might just have gotten too loose coming off the shaft. Can't say for sure but might be worth a try. Also, on the shaft of the butterfly door part (at least on the slim I did) there is the shaft then a circle ball piece on the end. Make sure when you go to crimp it down it is past that ball part. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately for me I gave it away as a donor razor. Someone else used it as parts to fix their razor. I like to think she lives on in some way.:001_smile

Last edited:
What were the internals like when you got it apart?,full of crud?,or clean?,well done in stripping it BTW,I went to do mine months ago,but none of my rather large selection of sockets seem to fit perfectly,they either didn't fit at all,or rested on the 'outer' ring...
I didn't break it down all the way. The parts where not too bad. I had tried to clean the razor when I first got it. Not sure if that helped. The size I listed worked for me. I think some people have suggested using a 5mm or 5.5mm. Mine didn't sit perfect but it worked. Maybe take the razor to your local hard ware store and try to find a socket that will work.

I didn't break it down all the way. The parts where not too bad. I had tried to clean the razor when I first got it. Not sure if that helped. The size I listed worked for me. I think some people have suggested using a 5mm or 5.5mm. Mine didn't sit perfect but it worked. Maybe take the razor to your local hard ware store and try to find a socket that will work.

Glad to hear it was fairly clean!.I have to do a bit on the bench grinder today,so I will find a socket that looks right,and grind the outside down till it fits,then hopefully I will get some where!.

Glad to hear it was fairly clean!.I have to do a bit on the bench grinder today,so I will find a socket that looks right,and grind the outside down till it fits,then hopefully I will get some where!.
Don't forget your safety glasses.

Top Bottom