What's new

Super cool steak cuts, formerly "Oddball Steaks"

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
This thread will resume when cholesterol drops below 300.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The brother sent me this picture:

It's a Akaushi rib roll. I need to move closer.

$IMG_1349.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Aaron that's a nice looking Rib Eye Roll. What does that bad boy weigh, I'll guess 5kg / 11lbs.
That would be perfect to cook as is but I would not say no to a steak sliced off it.

ouch

Many of the steak recommended so far tend towards the small side. This one doesn't- the pin bone sirloin steak. It may come in around 3lbs, occasionally upwards of 5lbs. Truly a man's steak.

proxy.php

Is the Pin Bone Steak anything like the 7 Bone steak/roast? Around here I see the 7-bone in the grocery store. I bought one once and made a roast of it -- tasted good, but what a pain in to slice -- freakin bones in every which direction!

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch

The 7 bone is from the chuck and the pin bone is a sirloin.

ouch

I know I promised that I would avoid discussing the more common uncommon steaks, so to speak, but yesterday I picked up an incredibly well marbled flat iron for a whopping $5.49 a pound. I thought it would be enough for two servings, but we all know damned well that didn't happen.

Six hours in my patented akamiso marinade and six minutes in a screaming cast iron pan yielded the best six dollars I ever spent on meat.

Oofah!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I know I promised that I would avoid discussing the more common uncommon steaks, so to speak, but yesterday I picked up an incredibly well marbled flat iron for a whopping $5.49 a pound. I thought it would be enough for two servings, but we all know damned well that didn't happen.

Six hours in my patented akamiso marinade and six minutes in a screaming cast iron pan yielded the best six dollars I ever spent on meat.

Oofah!

I love Gyros. I always buy two, planning on eating the second one later. It never happens- I eat both. The last time I got two Gyros and a Gyro plate for later in the day. I never thought I could eat so much Gyro in one sitting :biggrin:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Oofah!
Bumping. I had my first flat iron a month ago at a New Mexican breakfast. It came with eggs and potatoes, and was a tasty cut.

Top Bottom