What's new

SMOKER for under $300CAD

Personally, I would watch craigslist or whatever similar resources you have locally for a nice used one. They come up fairly often, either people selling because it's not being used or upgrading to bigger, so there are opportunities for good deals. Just a bit above your price range, Bradley Digital smokers ($350 U.S.) are great. The separate smoke and temperature controls is a great feature, and the temperature control is rock solid. It uses proprietary wood pucks, but once you have enough smoke on the food, you can turn off the smoke and just keep the heat on to finish, so it's still pretty cheap to use . My brother has one and if I were getting a new smoker, it's what I would buy.

Check your local HomeDepot. Sometimes this time of year, they are clearing out Weber Smokey Mountains 22.5" for around $299. I've seen them that cheap in the past.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/smokey-mountain-cooker-smoker-225-inch/918150

Or regular price for the smaller one, not sure how much meat it holds but probably plenty for a family of 4: http://www.homedepot.ca/product/145-inch-smokey-mountain-cooker-smoker/855380

Then all you need is Lump and Wood Chunks.

If I had $300 and got the green light to purchase another smoker, I'd grab one. Kijiji is another option, but smokers are few and far between in my local area.

I know nothing about these, but for $350 Lowes has a Horizontal Oklahoma Joes. I'm guessing it's not competition quality, but with a few tweaks and mods, you could probably have a great smoker withing driving distance from you: https://www.lowes.ca/smokers/oklaho...charcoal-horizontal-smokergrill_g2402494.html

Last edited:
I build my ugly drum for less than $100... plenty of plans online. It works when I'm not at work and constant access to a Southern Pride rotisserie :D

Weber Smoky Mountain - 18.5". It won't only get you into smoking. It will keep you wanting to smoke with it for a LONG time. Loads of ample rack space to smoke many items at a time and doesn't require as much charcoal as it's bigger brother.

Last edited:
Weber Smoky Mountain - 18.5". It won't only get you into smoking. It will keep you wanting to smoke with it for a LONG time. Loads of ample rack space to smoke many items at a time and doesn't require as much charcoal as it's bigger brother.
I knew they were well received but wasn't sure about the smaller size.

There you have it. In Canada for under his price, available at most HD and Lowes, Weber warrant, new, no need to build and ready to go out of the box.

there is something called the Smokinator that modifies your standard Weber kettle into a smoker and it's only about $60.

Thanks guys . . . not terribly interested in charcoal units, but I think I may upgrade my budget a little for one of those Bradleys.

Yup . . . that is why I am looking . . . flyers deliver today, so we will see.
I was at CT buying some lump today and saw they had a Bradley for $100 off and a Master Built Propane for $50 off.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1441576733495.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1441576733495.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 84
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1441576759596.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1441576759596.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 84
I got the following:

Masterbuilt Pro series duel fuel smoker. Propane to start, but I can connect to the natural gas line outside, if I want. Basically very similar to the one in the Canadian Tire ad above (approx. 720 sq in. of cooking area), but I got it for $185 all-in.

Home Depot does price matching, so that got the price down from $199.00 to $189.00. Then I got them to match the Lowes "we pay the tax" event from last weekend. They messed that up by giving me a 13% discount before reapplying the HST, thus an extra $5.00 in savings. I am a happy camper. now I just have to wait until the 16th, as per SWMBO.

Top Bottom