What's new

Nib Acquisitions, September 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrived in the mail this morning:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Mont Blanc Leo Tolstoy Sky Blue, Mont Blanc Pink, and my first Pelikan, an M200 with a really smooth italic nib.

I got this off eBay. It shipped from Bulgaria. Bid on it for the nib. It is a Pelikan 400 with an OB nib. Sadly the grip section has a fine crack that goes through and it wiuld need a new seal to see if it leaks. Not sure if it is repairable.

The nib currently sits in a M200. After a slight tweak to one of the tines it it a wet and beautiful writer. $uploadfromtaptalk1443281101102.jpg

Here's a new to me, bright yellow, Vanishing Point with a medium nib.

It's a great pen for jotting notes and signatures.

$DSCN1448 - Vanishing Point.jpg

I got two new pens this month. First fountain pens since high school. First that came is a Lamy Safari (F) in blue and the second is a pilot Metropolitan (M) in black (zig zag pattern) I got a converter for both. Using the ink cartridges right now I have to say I much prefer the Pilot. I like the smooth flow of ink. No scratching. ink is fairly consistent. The Lamy, I hate to say, I don't like the finger grip on it. the nib is scratchy and I don't like the blue very much. I may feel different with a different ink and more time using it but for right now I am preferring my pilot. Looking forward to buying some Noodlers ink in the next few months.
Johnny

This came in earlier this week, but I just got around to taking a photo. My birthday was in late August and my wife ordered this Karas Kustoms Pen Cube from Massdrop as a gift. It's really, REALLY nice! Solid block of aluminum, precision machined and polished, smooth Delrin plastic inserts to protect the pens. Very classy!

$IMG_2905.jpg

Last edited:

strop

Now half as wise
Since my ink supply seemed low:lol::lol::lol: I finally pulled the trigger. 2 bottles are going to my son, who is as much addicted as I am.

Attachments

• $20150927_201613.jpg
    $20150927_201613.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 77

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Since my ink supply seemed low:lol::lol::lol: I finally pulled the trigger. 2 bottles are going to my son, who is as much addicted as I am.

:thumbup: Solid find. I haven't tried any, but I've heard good things about that ink. That's a sweet inkwell that it comes in.

Annual trip to the Dallas Pen Show this past weekend resulted in a few purchases. Nothing extravagant but a few workhorse pens and a few bottles of ink. Will try to post pics this evening.

Traded a few Pelikans for fewer MBs. Somehow, I never seem to make money off this hobby. Weird!

Except for a few outliers, my collection is down to vintage Pelikan, Montblanc (one modern), and Soenecken. There's only one Soenecken, so I need to work on that.

I'm looking for a MB ball point, in case anyone has one, btw.

proxy.php
[/IMG]

Here are the horrible pictures promised. I will try to get better pics of the ink swatches tomorrow as the current photos do not come close to showing the inks properly. For that matter, they do not does so well with the pens either. Oh well.

Part 1

Sailor's Bungu Box "Ink of the Witch". A dark, almost black purple.
$IMG_20150928_200934373.jpg

J.Herbin's "Emerald of Chivor". A dark green with silver flakes.
$IMG_20150928_200809814.jpg

J. Herbin's "Stormy Seas". A dark grey with gold flakes.
$IMG_20150928_200734803.jpg

Noodler's "King's Philip's Requiem". A lush lavender.
$IMG_20150928_200847827.jpg

Attachments

• $IMG_20150928_201058327.jpg
    $IMG_20150928_201058327.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 58
Mmmm, WTH. Don't know how the pens ended up posted but from front to back: Noodler's Neponset Teal Ebonite with music nib, Noodler's Neponset Baikal with music nib and Delta Unica (Anderson Pens exclusive) with medium nib.

Part 2

Noodler's "Myles Standish Blue". Run of the mill blue.
View attachment 603829

Last week got a custom turned pen from Desert Turnings on Etsy, I got to pick out the colors!! Added a Knox size 5 nib, and J. Herbin 1670 Emerald of Chivor ink!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Really liking the Ink of the Witches and Stormy Seas...I guess I'm living vicariously through you...I have way to much ink as it is!

Really liking the Ink of the Witches and Stormy Seas...I guess I'm living vicariously through you...I have way to much ink as it is!

My wife gave me that look. Which resembles the look I give to her when she brings home more shoes.

My wife gave me that look. Which resembles the look I give to her when she brings home more shoes.
I know that look...my wife gives it to me every time I bring home something other than the kids or groceries! I guess I give it to her too when she brings home more clothes/shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom