What's new

Maggard 3" Strop

Since I cannot have the Strop I truly longed for, (OVB 3 1/2" from Star Shaving Suplies as they appear to be out of business), I was wondering if anyone has tried Maggard Razors Black Latigo 3" Strops? I know they make exceptional DE Razors and Handles as I do own two of them and he is in fact a honemeister and restorer of straight razors. Anyone here have any experience with their strops or can perhaps point me in a direction to find one as close to the OVB as I can possibly get?

Sincerely;
Nate

I'm not familiar with the OVB but I can't imagine that you could go wrong with maggards.

Why 3.5 out of curiosity? That's huge width?

I was just on Star Shaving and there site mentions nothing about being closed but I see most of what they have is back ordered, 3" is more than plenty and there are lots of Vendors that carry them.

I'm not familiar with the OVB but I can't imagine that you could go wrong with maggards.

Why 3.5 out of curiosity? That's huge width?

That is what I am thinking, they do have some very nice looking stuff on Maggard.

I was just on Star Shaving and there site mentions nothing about being closed but I see most of what they have is back ordered, 3" is more than plenty and there are lots of Vendors that carry them.

I was too as they came very highly recommended and you can still browse, shop, add to cart, order and pay, unfortunately you cannot contact, receive your order or get in touch with them in any way. I believe something may have happened to the three gentlemen that ran Star Shaving. I really hope not but given that the number on the site goes to a VERY annoyed sounding young lady who now has that number I seriously doubt that they will be back in business.

I was too as they came very highly recommended and you can still browse, shop, add to cart, order and pay, unfortunately you cannot contact, receive your order or get in touch with them in any way. I believe something may have happened to the three gentlemen that ran Star Shaving. I really hope not but given that the number on the site goes to a VERY annoyed sounding young lady who now has that number I seriously doubt that they will be back in business.
It's interesting that if you look at the "About" section on the site, all references to a state or even the country are removed from the paragraphs, without deleting the sentences. It says "We are located in . " And "Made in the .". Yet, the phone number has not been removed.

It's interesting that if you look at the "About" section on the site, all references to a state or even the country are removed from the paragraphs, without deleting the sentences. It says "We are located in . " And "Made in the .". Yet, the phone number has not been removed.

At the very bottom of the main site it tells where they are located and where everything is made in the about section and the number was definitely NOT pleasant to call, I think I woke the Gal up and she was irritated and rightfully so. I just hope that those three Gentlemen are in good health. The raving reviews their strops have gotten over the years really made me want one and besides they just Look Really Well Made.

Top Bottom