What's new

Nivea Shaving Cream

So I have a new love for shaving creams. I started out using soaps but I have fallen in love with my C.O. Bigelow and I want to try a few more creams. I saw a review on the Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream however there are 2 other Nivea shaving creams. These aren't really available in the States but they are available on Ebay and Amazon. The other 2 Nivea creams are Mild and Original. Has anyone tried these? is there much difference in them? What are your overall thoughts on the Nivea line of shaving creams?

Palmolive Classic and Nivea (Original and Sensitive) cost about the same in most of Europe. I personally think that Palmolive is better, but YMMV!

proxy.php

I've been using this for a while. It's a very nice cream with good slicknes. It's about $5.00 at Walmart here in Canada.

Don't buy the canned ones. There are only 2 that come in tubes like this. The regular and Sensitive Skin.

You should also consider the after shave balm from Nivea.

As they all say, YMMV.

I already use the Aftershave Balm and I'm a fan. I actually used Nivea way before I started traditional shaving. I actually used Nivea in a can at one point.

I'll definitely be buying the cream in a tube, I first saw it in a review by Nick Shaves and he loved it.
proxy.php
Here is a picture of the Mild Original, it actually says mild on it.
The Original just says "Original" They could be the same thing just packaged different for different markets.
proxy.php

both are the same thing. New Original/Originals depending on the market are the recent production while the previous package is from few years ago. these are available in Germany, central and east Europe, most Arab countries .

I've been using this for a while. It's a very nice cream with good slicknes. It's about $5.00 at Walmart here in Canada.

Don't buy the canned ones. There are only 2 that come in tubes like this. The regular and Sensitive Skin.

You should also consider the after shave balm from Nivea.

As they all say, YMMV.

Welcome to the forum, Undrwood999!
Please take your time to introduce yourself in the hall of fame section!

I can get the Sensitive locally for about 3.00 a tube - at that price it's a better value than the BBW COBig tubes unless they're on a mega sale, it easily replaced my canned stuff and works great.

I think the Palmolive Classic cream costs the same in the USA? Definitely worth a try as well, if you like the Nivea creams.

I don't think the Palmolive cream is on sale in any USA chain stores...I got mine for like $4.00 on Amazon (the price kind of goes up and down on it, I have found so I kept my eye on it for a bargin) with free shipping. It's a good cream and I think comparable to the Nivea sensitive in performance.

I have used Nivea Original Shave Cream for many years. A definite favourite. I often use it as my travel cream. Leaves my face feeling great every time. Easy to lather.

Great stuff that sensitive cream, got a tube in December and used it exclusively until now. Just about 1 shave left in the tube.

I just got the Nivea sensitive shaving cream and when I tried it I was amazed by how well and quickly it lathered up. Its my first cream as well so I might have to look up some other ones eventually

I think I use the original. It comes in a blue tube and is sold in most drug stores here in Canada for $3 or $5. I like it, and have been using it for about 3 years. The only other cream that I've used is from The Body Shop and it costs about 5 times as much, but it doesn't work any better than the Nivea for me. I switched to nivea cream from shaving soap because I moved to an area where the water was too hard to make a lather quickly. The Nivea lathers up nice and quick, even with our hard water.

Closest thing to my dearly missed Noxzema shave cream. Only drawback seems to be that it tends to clog the bathroom drain unless I remember to wash it away with lots of hot water.

I keep reading about all the soaps others use, and I've tried a few, but I always return to this stuff

i used to buy the palmolive brushless cream in the jar and it was fantastic. it seems to have vanished from stores.

Top Bottom