What's new

Did I do right? Seiko Orange monster.

As promised the Orange Monster SKA 309K1 AKA OM Mk2

$oranage monster.jpg

I have one other Seiko. A new Kinetic. Nice watch but the down side is there's no lume at all on it's face. I'm thinking of asking one of my local watch repair jewellers to replace the fingers on it but I'm in no hurry.

I have both the 779 and 781. After years of use and abuse (everything from field training to scuba), the old monsters were just incredible value and I can only assume the newer generation OM you have is also. The quality of the bracelet alone made Monsters incredible deals...throw in an "in house" movement, build quality (bezel ratchet, accuracy, and lume) and they were instant classics. Enjoy the "new" Monster generation and prepare yourself for all the positive comments from friends and co-workers.

I have a black monster and have always wanted to get an orange one. Also take a look at the next watch up in the Seiko dive watch family... The Sumo. Also a Japan market line, but easily available elsewhere. Slightly larger, smoother movement, a bit more dressy. Provides a good amount of the top of the line MarineMaster quality for $400-500. I have a blue one. Gorgeous watch.

Top Bottom