What's new

I received my GEM 1912 and.

Well, IMHO, the Clog-Pruf is the best GEM for me. I get effortless, fantastic shaves from it, every time. My 1912 is good, while milder that the CP. My MMOC hasn't given me the level of shaving comfort or quality that the CP gives me, which seems odd because they are very similar. CP is closed comb version of the Micromatic. The OC is, well, open-comb.

I'll keep using the MMOC, and maybe I can dial it in.

I bought a Schick L-type Injector and some Personna blades. We'll see if it can dethrone my beloved GEMs.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I bought a Schick L-type Injector and some Personna blades. We'll see if it can dethrone my beloved GEMs.

The L-Type injector is a wonderful razor, but it is extremely mild. I find that I can not get a super close BBS on my neck with an L. But the shaving is wonderfully easy and smooth. I shaved with an L-1 for Single Edge Saturday. If you are looking for a super effortless and quick DFS, then you should be happy. But as always, ymmv.

I've recently shaved with my I and J types as well, and they are much more efficient and a bit more aggressive. They left me with a good bit of irritation. I am sure I need more practice with my injectors. I havent dared to try my G, E, or C types yet. So many razors, not enough beard hair. :)

Naturally I received the L-type Injector while I was away at a conference.

I'll give 'er a whirl tomorrow and report back!

The L-type Injector.

Wow.

2-pass DFS+/BBS-. No irritation, but a few minor weepers. I usually do 3-passes. I decided to try a WTG/ATG 2-passer today.

Best first shave with a new-to-me razor in my life, so far.

Going to be exclusive with this "L" for at least a week to dial it in.

I had some issues with the Injector. I was using soaps other than my favorite Stirlings, and was getting some weepers on my neck. Went back to Stirling, and back to great shaves.

I ordered some Chick blades, and used one in the L-type today with La Toja stick shave soap today. I had 3 day's growth, so the Injector had some work to do. I got an excellent shave. The new blades are good, for sure. I'll see how they do with over a week's shaves. The Personna Injector blades are great for me, so I'll see how the Chinese Schick blades compare.

Hopefully both turn out to be great, so I have options.

I have to say, the Injector is a tremendous shaver. It has knocked off my 1912 and MMOC, and is trying to get ahead of my Clog Pruf.

I still love my single-edge shavers more than any DE that I have ever tried. By a wide margin!

My Chick blade has about 10 shaves on it, and is still going strong. I have used my Clog Pruf once or twice, but the L-type Injector has won the top spot for me over the wonderful Clog Pruf.

I get DFS + shaves in 2 passes with the Injector. Very quick and effortless shaves.

Mine didn't ...

... a few months later, I sold 'em all and never looked back.

Great! Welcome to single edge shaving - the 1912 is the de facto, the Clog Pruf a great flanker.
Have fun!

Could be possibly heading in the same direction :thumbup1:

Top Bottom